Qualytics is building a data quality surveillance platform to help our customers monitor and actively defend against data pipeline corruption. Our innovative technology includes a Data Firewall that monitors and learns from the flow of data, allowing us to detect and respond to anomalies in real time with active measures such as a message-level quarantining. As a company, our goals are to:
- Build the next generation of data quality and surveillance tools for the enterprise
- Help our users (Data Engineers, Scientists, Analysts and the C-suite that serve them) validate, affirm, and instill trust in their data management systems
- Maintain a company culture that is as fun as it is stimulating
We’re looking for a talented Frontend Engineer to be among a small, select group of designers and engineers who will create the user interface and digital experience for our new innovative product. You’ll report to the CTO and work with our experienced entrepreneurial team, including four multi-time founders with prior successful exits. As we grow, you will wear multiple hats and have the opportunity (if desired) to take on additional leadership roles and responsibilities.
As a key team member in our early-stage startup, your contributions will make a significant impact. With this in mind, you will write highly maintainable code in a team setting while quickly delivering an exceptional product.
Qualytics is a remote-first company with a small team spread across 3 different time zones and 2 countries!
What You'll Do
- You will design, implement, and maintain critical front-end solutions using Vue.js, FastAPI/Python, REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Take ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end. You will have a hand in shaping our processes for ensuring both our internal and external applications have quality code and minimal defects.
- You will work with end users to make sure we are solving the right problems in an easy to use, intuitive interface.
- Collaborate with everyone in the company in a cross-functional setting, including the CEO and our CTO as we get ready to grow and scale.
Who You Are
- A software engineering generalist or front-end specialist who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- Take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- Have strong product and design sensibilities, and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You don't stop writing code when it works, but instead ask yourself what you can do to make it better and more comprehensible.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience with web development
- 2+ years of experience with Vue, React, or similar applications and frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to break down large projects into smaller pieces that add value incrementally, and make tradeoff decisions about effort vs scope
- Fluency in reactive front-end architectures
- Comfortable developing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with best of breed tooling
- Desire to push oneself to learn and grow on a daily basis
- Desire and ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Desire and ability to give & receive rigorously candid feedback
Nice to Have
- An eye for design + strong product sense.
- Operational experience with GraphQL
- Experience working in a startup.
- Experience working in a big company (our customers tend to be larger).
Why Work Here?
We founded Qualytics based on our collective experiences working at a number of early-stage technology companies grappling with challenges related to data quality. We realized how few products are available to help organizations maintain quality & trust in their data pipelines. We're here to change that with a platform capable of detecting and proactively responding to data anomalies before they result in ML model drift, corruption of your aggregated calculations, or other pollution of your downstream systems.
Qualytics is a values-driven organization, and we are excited about what we do. We're flexible, honest, hardworking, and collaborative. As a team, we bring our diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences together to create better individual work experiences. We support and challenge one another to bring out the best in each of us, and it seems like we have a little fun along the way. We are lifelong learners, and support ongoing training and professional development on a wide variety of topics.
- Competitive salary and equity: we pay up for great talent
- Unlimited vacation: we trust you
- All the benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance, the works
- Work with a passionate and dedicated team
We’re excited to learn more about you!