Boston Globe Media is looking for a full-time mid-level front-end developer with proven experience to join their engineering department. You will work on a team of front-end developers to deliver high quality digital products for bostonglobe.com and affiliated properties. We are looking for someone with an enthusiasm to produce clean, performant code.
We are an agile team, so you will be working closely with product and design to iterate on site features that are being developed in two week sprints. You will be responsible for code reviewing the work of your team members, and will be demoing your work at the end of each sprint.
- Knowledge of front-end build tools such as Webpack
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and experience working with backend developers to design/consume APIs
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Familiarity with the agile methodology of software development
- A desire to continuously learn new skills, and to mentor junior team members
- Has a willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
- Strong UI Experience using CSS/SCSS at scale
- Experience with Node.js and Express.js development
- Experience working with relational (MySQL, Postgres) or NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra) databases
- Familiarity with CI/CD (Docker, Jenkins)
- Experience working with legacy codebases
EEO Statement: Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.
Boston Globe Media is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.