We are a new organisation, set up at speed in April 2020. We feel and operate like a start-up and we are looking for colleagues who can work with ambiguity, love a challenge and who roll up their sleeves. We’re a small team and at Oak, everyone needs to pitch in.
We are looking for an experienced React Engineer to join our team and help us build amazing tools and resources that support teachers and pupils - particularly those from low income families.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Lead the development of highly-responsive, accessible web-based user interfaces
- Work as part of cross-discipline product team including UX/UI designers, researchers and other colleagues from across the business
- Take a proactive role in the engineering team to ensure we are building robust, well-tested products that deliver incredible user experiences
- Contribute to development of a flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Be part of on-call incident response team
- As a member of the Oak Team, contribute to the success and culture of the organisation.
- Work in cross-functional and product orientated squads with colleagues from across the organisation, as required
- Manage an engineering project budget
- Deputise for senior engineering colleagues and take on other general responsibilities as required
You will bring the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on digital product development
- Experience with React
- Experience with HTML / CSS
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration workflows
- Familiarity with Serverless computing approaches and Cloud Functions (desirable)
- Experience working with large scale video, analytics data (desirable)
- Experience of working in education and/or education technology (desirable)
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure (ideally Google Cloud) and Infrastructure-as-code (desirable)
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We serve diverse communities, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective within our team at Oak. This role is a full-time role, but happy to consider flexible working arrangements including part-time working.
We are creating an environment where we want everyone, from any background, to be enabled and supported to do the most amazing work of their careers so far. We are a fully remote team and are happy you work and are based where is best for you as long as you are able to work alongside team mates in the UK timezone and have the right to work in the UK.
The salary for this role is £70,000 (with a cost of living rise of 1.8% to be applied from September 1st 2021)
Deadline for Applications is Wednesday 18th August at 9am with first round interviews later that same week.