FutureFuel.io exists to crush student debt. We are an early-stage FinTech startup with a mission to democratize access to student debt repayment and refinancing as a new normal in employee benefits. We are achieving our mission by empowering employers to crush their talent acquisition and retention goals, by introducing a benefit that employees actually care about – student debt relief. Our product is a B2B2C enterprise SaaS platform that fully administers student debt-centric benefits for employers, which is a way more complicated benefit to administer than you'd think.
We are a start-up. We are FinTech. We are doing something completely new!
FutureFuel.io is seeking a Frontend Developer with a strong background in React.js. We need someone who can adapt quickly and add value to our fast paced, growing business and also someone who can contribute collaboratively within our software development team. The Senior Front-End Developer will be responsible for defining and implementing our overall front-end architecture and infrastructure, as well as developing, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving our client-facing web and mobile applications as well as internal tools.
- Design and implement front-end architecture
- Create and maintain features in FutureFuel.io's React-based front-end architecture.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving across platform and application domains.
- Suggest application architecture improvements and recommend process improvements.
- Champion changes to tools and processes to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team.
- Document processes for use by other application developers, and to comply with the requirements of the heavily regulated Fintech market.
Skills and Attributes
- 3+ years of professional working experience as a Software Developer.
- Experience developing HTML/CSS code.
- Experience designing and evolving front-end architectures
- Experience gathering and maintaining information from internal and external APIs.
- Comfortable with frequent incremental code testing and deployment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience working as a part of Lean/Agile tech teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Fits the cultural needs of a growing startup.
- Self-motivated, and able to independently identify and implement needed improvements.
- Track record of developing kick-ass user interfaces, and the ability to demo it and explain the implementation details.
- Preference for previous startup experience.
- Preference for experience working on a distributed team.