The Spectrum Core team are looking for a talented Front End developer to join the development team. The successful candidate should be:
•Curious, detail-oriented, and motivated by complex analytical problems
•Interested in all things technology, and have the ability to communicate with opinionated technologists across the company
•Part of the development team that oversees a product used by thousands of people in the firm
•Have a passion for open source, working in the open, collaborating with developers across the organization and staying up to date with the latest open source front end innovations.
Must have qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience within front-end development, preferably React and TypeScript.
· Significant experience in best practices of UI component development.
· Experience with single page apps connecting to REST / API services.
· Experience developing server side applications and REST APIs, ideally with Java
· Appreciation of ‘quality first’ software engineering process experience: code review, automated unit/integration test, CI / CD systems
· Curiosity of all things Computer Science and awareness of wide-range of technologies
· Experience with building design systems using tooling such as Lerna, semantic release, specifically for managing, building and deploying libraries. Platforms and tooling for documentation such as Gatsby and Storybook.
· Previous experience with implementing accessibility in web.
· Been part of agile delivery teams (Scrum a bonus)
· Understanding of security concerns online and off
The hiring manager for this job opening would welcome a conversation about flexible working. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement.