Apply for this job
Position Status: Full Time Exempt
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio or REMOTE
Software Engineer II, Front End (React)
Losant is looking for a seasoned React developer to help maintain and improve a reliable, performant, and accessible web app for the Losant Enterprise IoT Platform. In this role, you’ll write features, fix bugs, and pay down tech debt as a part of the Product Engineering front end team.
At Losant, we’re building an application enablement platform that allows enterprises to effectively build applications that securely scale to millions of devices. With real-time stream processing and batch processing capabilities, users can create dynamic experiences and perform complex analytics. All of Losant’s components, from Edge Compute to End-User Experiences, work seamlessly together to transform data into tailored IoT solutions—but building all of this takes teamwork. That’s where you come in.
An ideal candidate for this role will have…
- 3+ years of relevant front end development experience.
- A deep understanding of web application development, especially within the context of a React ecosystem.
- Expert knowledge of how REST APIs work and how to interact with them from client code.
- Experience in writing comprehensive unit tests for front end code—preferably using Jest and/or React Testing Library.
- Experience with version control, especially Git and GitHub.
- The ability to perform comprehensive code reviews that focus on code quality and reliability.
- Knowledge of recognizable design patterns and how to implement them in order to promote scalable and maintainable code.
- An eye for detail that can closely follow design mockups and requirements in order to bring complex features to life.
- Fundamental understanding of Webpack/Babel as a React application build toolchain.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Every applicant will be asked to complete a quick initial assessment to introduce you to our platform while simultaneously testing your ability to follow instructions and solve basic software engineering problems. This can be done on your own time and submitted when you’re ready (no whiteboard interviews here).
About the team
The Product Engineering team at Losant is small but mighty—our front end, back end, and DevOps engineers all work closely together to build enterprise-grade software and position Losant as a market leader in the IoT cloud software industry.
We offer competitive salaries that are regularly benchmarked against the Cincinnati job market. Additional employee benefits include:
- Three weeks paid vacation plus 10+ paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (75% paid by company) and free life insurance
- Casual yet productive office environment: Ping pong and video games for when you need a break, and quiet spaces for when you want to hunker down
- Flexible work options, including early / late hours and work-from-home opportunities
- Prime location in downtown Cincinnati with free parking
- Yearly continuing education stipend plus other opportunities for employee growth
- Monthly wellness stipend
- 401k with company match
- Quarterly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Free snacks and beverages – including cold-brew coffee on tap