Apply for this job
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Raleigh office - it’s up to you.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team of dedicated Java and React engineers that are building the future of clinical trials. The right person will be able to work full-stack, but can have a specialization in either front or back end. Come work with us to streamline the way we deliver solutions that change people’s lives! Our goal is to reduce the time and cost of clinical trials by 25%. This will allow new therapies to come to market significantly faster, improving health outcomes for everyone. You will work with a small team of engineers to design, develop, and deliver exciting new features that accelerate Veeva customers' ability to manage and execute clinical trials.
What You'll Do
- Build high-quality software with limited oversight in a combination of Java and React
- Collaborate with Product Management to shape direction and ensure the product is defined correctly from project initiation
- Fix production issues as they arise
- Provide input on a regular basis into process improvements and participate in code and design reviews to ensure that we are always improving
- Create designs and data models for new features that are added to the application
- Work closely with QA to define test cases and fix defects in development and production
- 3+ years of Java experience or equivalent
- 2+ years of frontend development with HTML/CSS including the use of React or equivalent framework
- Proven track record of being an independent self-starter
- Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience working in a small agile team
- Strong TDD experience
Perks & Benefits
- Work Anywhere
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.