Dealerware is modern fleet management for the modern retailer. We are proud to be one of the hottest software companies in the automotive sector. By combining a modern-approach with fresh design thinking, Dealerware’s industry-leading SaaS platform enables best-in-class fleet management and mobility for top automotive dealerships and manufacturers. Three years ago, we burst onto the scene with a promise to reduce costs and elevate the customer experience at automotive dealerships.
Dealerware currently manages fleets for 28 automotive brands and 10 of the top 10 dealer groups in the country. With a recent expansion into international markets, our growth trajectory continues to be within the top 1% of SaaS businesses. Across the automotive ecosystem, there’s hundreds of billions of dollars at stake. And we’re right in the swell of it.
Dealerware has an immediate, full-time opportunity for a Senior React Software Engineer
to help us transform the way car dealers and manufacturers think about products and profits. We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer who has expertise in the frontend but willing to also help in the backend, who has experience with monolithic to micro front end transformations, and who is excited by solving challenging technical problems.
Our front end software stack is currently being rewritten in React. We manage application state with Redux, and use SWR for data caching. Our primary testing frameworks are Jest and React Test library.
As a Senior React Software Engineer, you will:
● Create and maintain highly scalable web applications leveraging modern cloud platforms
● Assist in the development of mid and long-term technical roadmaps, including detailed migration strategies to evolve our applications
● Assist in our transformation from monolithic back-end to a service oriented architecture
● Build amazing UX client-side apps with React and reusable APIs in Ruby on Rails or Go
● Coach and mentor team members on frontend software engineering activities and best practices
● Practice T shaped skills by jumping into other areas of the technology stack at Dealerware
Your peers would say you:
● Have intermediate knowledge of service-oriented architectures, domain-driven design, test-driven development, S.O.L.I.D. principles, networking, and security
● Create simple, thoughtful solutions when presented with challenging requirements
● Demonstrate end to end ownership of your applications, including security, deployment and monitoring tools and techniques
● Possess excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and are comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear, concise manner
● You take the lead on directing and implementing solutions to moderately complex, loosely scoped problems that are aligned with your team’s goals
● Your work extends to many parts of a product or system
● You have shown the ability to deliver projects independently or by leading your team
● Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, are humble and have an aptitude for learning and sharing knowledge
● Experience leading web application development as a Senior/Principal Software Engineer
● 5+ years experience in React or other JS frameworks (TypeScript experience is a plus)
● Experience consuming data from RESTful APIs and event streaming technologies (Kafka, Kinesis)
● Experience with traditional CSS and CSS-in-JS
● Experience with Micro-frontend architecture
● Experience across the full application lifecycle from concept through retirement
● 2+ years of professional work experience with Ruby on Rails, Go, Python or Java
Dealerware offers you:
● Competitive base salary with bonus incentive eligibility
● Full benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K) + FREE telehealth (includes therapy visits)
● Training for all employees provided in Udemy
● Tuition Reimbursement and continuing education
● Unlimited paid vacation policy
work (2021). Hybrid model anticipated post-COVID (2022)
● Modern office and a dynamic team in downtown Austin with paid parking
● Friendly, small company environment with a progressive culture and flexible hours
● Backed by Audi, a 111-year-old automotive industry leader
● Semi-flat organizational structure that ensures your influence on products we build
● Discounts on Silvercar rentals and participation in an Audi Lease Program
Dealerware is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Dealerware's management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
*We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.