Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the role
We are looking for multiple talented and passionate software engineers to join us on our mission to empower more effective government procurement through automation, collaboration, and data analytics.
What we are seeking
• Must be ready to tackle a challenge, wear multiple hats, and do whatever it takes to win.
• A high level of dedication and eagerness to take ownership of your work.
• Enthusiasm for developing products that solve big problems for communities across the nation.
• You get excited about designing products rather than being told exactly what to build and have some product and UX design skills.
• Strong desire to make a large impact on a fast-moving team that is dedicated to building a more efficient society.
• You love being part of a career family that looks out for each other!
Ideal candidates will have
• 2+ Years of relevant experience
• Prior experience with ReactJS and NodeJS
• Mastery of basic web technologies (HTML, CSS, etc)
• Experience with web development, API design, and testing
• Experience with dev ops is not required, but some working knowledge is a plus
• A passion to work with a dynamic team and strong ability to communicate while working remotely
What makes OpenGov unique
CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs and SF Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018
$140 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, and Emerson Collective. Click here
to read more about our latest round of funding!
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Double growth with 1,000+ governments (and counting) using our products!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, we are the leader in cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company helping out our communities, cities, and states. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!