Note: no recruiters please
Do you have what it takes to build ThisApp? ThisApp is All you need to Organize, Edit & Share Events, Experiences, Messages & Payments.
Company Mission Our mission is to make it easy to Do More, with the people you love. ThisApp is working toward being available on any browser, device, or platform. ThisApp is entirely consumer-focused and we invest heavily in our users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to globally remote, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by world-class investors. We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations. Our mission fuels how we work - you’d be part of an environment that truly values and welcomes your sense of inquisitiveness, ambition, and capacity to innovate. We’re small enough that your voice will be heard and big enough to deliver on these ideas at scale. We come together to meaningfully improve the lives of millions of people.
- Collaborate with with engineers, designers, product managers, and senior leadership to turn user stories and feature requirements into an executable development plan and be hands on developing our first MVP (Maximum Valuable Product) web and desktop Electron application
- Understand the problem domain, participate in the review of end to end use cases, and take responsibility to ensure that the mobile development execution satisfy the use cases
- Developing UI components, defining requirements for relevant mobile GraphQL API calls, and managing the code required to efficiently handle mobile application data & state
- Implementing 3rd Party web SDKs such as web analytics and WebRTC
- Identifying tech debt and making recommendations to reduce it
- Writing code for medium to large features independently
- Leading code reviews, providing constructive feedback
- Writing full suite of automated web tests to ensure production stability
- At least 4 years of in-depth experience with React
- Real world, hands on experience with GraphQL
- Real world experience with Typescript
- Strong experience developing and automating mobile test suites
- Extensive experience with Git
- Able to work autonomously in a small collaborative team in a startup environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to articulate ideas and strategies
- Ability to adjust to change and rapid pace of development
- Great at peering up with other engineers to enable and grow each other
- Working in an Agile development environment
- West Coast, North America Time zone preferred. Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with Electron
- Experience with Next.js
- Experience with Docker
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS or related field will be a plus
- You've worked on web teams in the consumer, finance, or security space.
- You have one or more apps that are currently live on the web
Why would you jump out of a plane with us?
- We are offering a chance to do the best work of your career with a collaborative, creative, supportive team
- Competitive salaries and equity options.
- ThisApp 'Do More Anywhere' Program -- allows all of our employees to choose where they want to work: our office (when open), their home, or any place else in the world.
- Early-stage well-funded company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Home office reimbursements and snack deliveries (and ThisApp merch)
- Comprehensive benefits offering - 401k, medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- ThisApp 'Do More' program - we make financial contributions towards a hobby/skill you are interested in learning.
- Tandem skydiving ticket or Indoor skydiving experience.