Apply for this job
Join a movement in which everyone can win. We started a movement in which everyone can win – shoppers, retailers, society, and every person on our team. To play fair, trust people and reward them for doing the right thing. We see and feel the impact of our work as more and more people gain financial freedom and retailers grow across the globe.
Clearpay is part of the Afterpay Limited Family. Founded five years ago in Sydney, Australia, Afterpay and Clearpay have over 13.1 million active customers globally and more than 74,000 of the world’s best retailers around the world including Boohoo, ASOS, Marks & Spencer, JD Sports, and many others. Afterpay is on a mission to power an economy in which everyone wins.
Afterpay is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees, or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases. Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
We trust in the next generation and share a vision of a more accessible and sustainable world in which people are rewarded for doing the right thing.
As Clearpay’s Full Stack Engineer, you’ll join our Checkout team in Barcelona. You will be part of our diverse and international department, working in a cross-functional development team. The Checkout team is responsible for smoothly onboarding users across Europe to our split-payment service.
- You will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining robust front-end applications and real-time REST API services to give our customers their best experience while working close to other development teams to provide disruptive fintech services.
- We want you to join us in the adventure of the European expansion of our product. Due to our recent acquisition, we intend to become the engines of Afterpay’s growth, and for that to face and solve high-complexity and exciting challenges on a daily basis.
- You will join a collaborative team of highly skilled and talented people, working together in an agile environment. We are looking for smart, passionate, talented, and motivated people, who get things done and are natural team players, able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
We are much more than our job descriptions, but here’s where you will begin….
- Deliver high quality, tested, maintainable and well-structured code, as well as supporting documentation
- Architect, develop, and optimize React applications with high business impact
- Own the entire cycle of business features, including Q/A, monitoring, and DevOps
- Develop, deliver and monitor new features that satisfy our customers
- Maintain and improve existing tools, contributing with smart ideas and solutions to the good evolution of the current services
- Work in a fast-paced business driven agile environment
Who are you?
Like us, you’ll be deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers and passionate about shaping the future of Afterpay.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer with strong React and general front-end experience, as well as with testing and CSS frameworks.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of professional development experience with React/Redux- Experience with some backend language and web framework technologies
- Experience in Agile methodologies
- Follow best practices when developing software, delivering simple, efficient, well tested, and designed code- Test-driven mindset
- Business-driven mindset for delivering software solutions within a product team
- Knowledge of software design and architecture in server-side applications
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas as well as getting to agreements
- Fluency in English- Willing to learn and face new challenges
- Experience with Java
- Experience in Spring Boot
- Experience with Mongo databases
- CI/CD experience
You like to keep it real with your actions, be brave with your decisions, do the right thing for all our stakeholders, and shape the future with excitement.
How we reward you.
We have a pay-for-performance culture so you can expect to be rewarded for high performance. We pride ourselves on fairness and offer a competitive total reward package made up of salary, incentives, and benefits.
We have a strong focus on health and wellbeing at Afterpay as we aim to support you to succeed in both your career and personal lives, such as providing employees with:
- A corporate membership to Headspace
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive economical package (flexible compensation plan)
- Career Development Opportunities (constantly learning new technologies, and professionally grow)
- Training Program
- Extended Annual Holiday Leave
- Flexible Working Hours (half-day on Fridays)
- Gym membership
- Fresh organic fruit, Coffee & Tea
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral System
- Language lessons
- Friendly and supportive team
- Great working environment
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
How to Apply:
We don’t know what the future holds. That’s the exciting part; we show up and make it happen. If you’re brave, if you’re committed to doing the right thing and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
Clearpay is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new team members, in addition to current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices. Please submit your resume in English.