Sr. Front-End Developer
Henry Schein One is the global leader in dental management, analytics, communication and marketing software. We deliver innovative dental software and services, combined with expert business coaching, to help connect dental technology so it works as one.
When technology connects, more data is shared, more tasks are automated, and more work gets done. And most importantly, dental professionals have more time to focus on providing a quality experience for their patients. In fact, one connected practice management system simplifies each step of the patient experience -- from first contact and scheduling, to clinical treatment and billing, to ensuring loyalty and recurring care.
If you are looking for a growing career that makes a difference, come be part of our team today!
Higher priority will be placed on the candidates that are willing to work out of our NYC Metro area office in a hybrid model or American Fork, Utah (remotely a few days per week and in office a few days per week) however, we are open to remote based candidates (Austin, TX, LA, Seattle) that meet or exceed our position requirement.
At Henry Schein One, a Henry Schein company, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized around the world. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through approach to ongoing feedback. If you’re looking to make an impact, we’re the place for you.
Henry Schein One is looking for a world-class Sr. Front-End Developer to join our rocket ship in the Dentistry SaaS space. With over 30 years providing Dentistry Software, Henry Schein One is the industry leader, but we know we can do even better. Innovation is at the core of everything we do, and we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel further growth and improvement.
We are looking for a Sr. Front-End Developer to join our core engineering team with experience in building scalable cloud-based applications. You will be part of a talented team of software engineers who strive to apply the latest technology trends to provide best in class solutions for our customers. This position is responsible for performing advanced programming tasks for the maintenance and enhancement of Lighthouse portfolio of cloud-based products. You will leverage a moderate understanding of the business domain and existing frameworks for the success of development projects.
- Create or modify user experiences by leveraging a strong understanding of user experience design
- Design and code complex solutions that meet business requirements on schedule and within budget
- Mentor more junior software engineers regarding best practices of a specific programming language with the ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Establish a high level of code quality by writing unit tests, participating in code reviews, reducing cyclomatic complexity, removing code duplication, and debugging software modules
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information regarding software functionality
- Implement code that follows established standards and demonstrates a solid understanding of microservices
- Implement code that demonstrates a good understanding of design patterns, test automation, continuous integration/deployment, versioning, browser performance optimizations, security, refactoring, and concurrency
- Implement code that demonstrates an expert understanding of user interface design patterns and object-oriented design
- Provide task decomposition, documentation, and estimates in accordance with a moderate understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Prefer 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or global equivalent in a related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem-solving skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Development experience using Node JS and Express JS
- Experience managing merge requests and performing code reviews
- Experience with developing unit tests and test-driven development
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- SQL proficiency in at least one of the following relational databases: MySQL and Postgres
- Development experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with building and scheduling Docker containers
- Experience applying application and infrastructure micro-frontend patterns
All employees must be authorized to work in the United States. Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.