THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, and for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity and passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, and put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers’ lives, cooking and creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Apron’s engineering team creates software that manages the forecasting, purchasing, preparation, and shipment of new fresh ingredients every week, delivering over 8 million meals nationwide each month. We’re faced with complex supply chain and logistical challenges that require purpose-built solutions and data analysis.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Blue Apron, you are responsible for the ongoing evolution of our software architecture, mentoring new engineers and providing technical leadership for strategic projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about software development and enjoys both learning from and teaching others.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
- Create and implement beautifully responsive and optimized new features to provide more enjoyable experiences for our users.
- Work closely with developers, designers, product managers, and other teams in the company to design the best experiences possible for our internal and external applications.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Develop APIs to support our user facing web and mobile applications.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate best practices.
- Our stack: React, Redux, Webpack, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Five or more years experience as a software engineer.
- Solid knowledge of testing principles.
- A thirst for learning and a passion for new technologies, processes, and patterns.
- You write tests to improve the quality and reliability of your code.
- Track record of mentoring up-and-coming engineers.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience creating cloud services in frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Django, Node.js or similar technologies.
- An understanding of RESTful API design and have developed clients to interact with a variety of APIs.
- Experience with GraphQL and Apollo
If you don’t meet these exact requirements but think you’d be a good fit, please apply!