Flyhomes is reinventing the traditional real estate process to create a radically different experience. We level the playing field by giving any qualified buyer the chance to make a cash offer. We reduce risk and uncertainty for homeowners trying to buy a new home with our Trade Up program. We streamline the homebuying process by offering brokerage, financing, closing, and home services. Innovation is in our DNA. What will you create here?
When you join Flyhomes, you will have the ability to not only affect change across an industry, but on a human level. Real estate, Mortgage and technology are what we do, but people are at the core of our mission. From client-facing roles to data and technology, we start and end with the people we work with because they’re what matters. You’ll work alongside others who love to solve problems, think creatively, and fly the plane as we continue to build it! If this sounds appealing, we want to connect with you.
Flyhomes is looking for a detail-oriented and creative Front End Engineer to join our Flyhomes Engineering team. This is a pivotal role in growing and scaling the Flyhomes platform as well as improving and refining our dev practices and engineering culture as we grow.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside engineers, product managers, and designers, to architect, design, and deliver our digital products
- Drive technical planning, roadmapping, and prioritization efforts within the team
- Build efficient, scalable, and reusable front-end systems and abstractions in React and React Native
- Be a champion of team growth and mentorship. Drive for continuous improvement in quality, performance and developer best practices
- Have strong opinions on architecture and process and balance them with pragmatism.
- Find and address performance issues
What You’ll Bring
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience leading development efforts through the full life cycle and support them in a production environment.
- Familiarity with server-side API frameworks, such as Flask, FastAPI, and Rails API
- Ability to make pragmatic decisions quickly and support consensus within a project team
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience with client side performance considerations, tuning, monitoring, and metrics collection.
- Familiarity with containerization, service architectures, CI/CD a plus
- Strong collaboration, communication, and creative thinking skills
- Analytical Thinking: You employ a thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions
- Collaborative: You partner effectively with clients and colleagues, to drive our ‘winning together’ culture and execute on our common goals
- Learning Agility: You are open to new ways of thinking and committed to acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage
- Driven: You take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You are organized, focused and highly disciplined. Hard work doesn’t scare you
- Accountability: You accept responsibility for your own actions and decisions and demonstrate commitment to accomplishing work in an ethical, compliant, and efficient manner for the benefit of your clients and the company
- Work Excellence: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through
Flexibility: You thrive in a dynamic, fluid and unstructured environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together