Apply for this job
FundApps is a SaaS scaleup that helps investment managers monitor and comply with worldwide regulations. We were one of the world's first "RegTechs" and we're shaking up an entire industry. Our client's love what we do (Net Promoter Scores of over 50) and this has lead to phenomenal and consistent revenue growth.
Our first area of focus was to help managers with Shareholding Disclosure, a complex regulatory problem without a fit-for-purpose solution in the market.
Since that time, our service has become the undisputed market leader for the management of Shareholding Disclosure. We have also added new ground-breaking services - Sensitive Industries and Position Limits - and in 2020, have introduced Rapportr to make reporting simple for our clients.
Everyday, our service monitors a collective US$14 trillion in assets under management on behalf of clients ranging from US$50 million Hedge Funds to the largest Sovereign Wealth Fund in the world.
We are a growing team of FundAppers with 80 people and over 30 nationalities at last count. We have offices in London, New York and Singapore and remote employees spread across the globe. In 2018, we became a Certified B Corporation and in 2019 were recognised as a B Corp 'Best for the World' Honoree - highlighting our commitment to doing good by our people, the environment and the community.
We ❤️ clean, simple code
We're a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.
We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software. Our team values are professionalism, sustainability, and psychological safety; we hold each other to high standards, give each other considered, caring feedback, work smart and look out for each other. Learn more about our engineering culture here.
We are looking for a motivated, intelligent individual who loves to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves on getting our engineers up and running fast – expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.
What you'll be working on
- Transforming the design and user experience Rapptr - our beloved product - working closely with our senior FE developers, UX & visual designer, product experts, customers and the rest of our technical team.
- Continue the migration of our legacy UI (Razor views with JQuery) to our shiny React app - codename Vicctr.
- Building new features end-to-end (front- to back-end) across our growing set of Products.
- Extend our UI test coverage to avoid regressions.
- Working with Product and back end engineers to deliver value continuously.
What you'll bring to the team
- You are a front end developer in the early stages of your career - maybe you've had one or two roles already or have proven your skills in others ways.
- You have a real passion for front-end related work, with knowledge of React (or a desire to learn it and relevant experience in another platform). Knowledge of HTML5, CSS and JQuery is also appreciated.
- You get a kick from understanding the technicalities of platforms. You thrive on getting things done and deployed to users - and then finding out what they think of your work.
- You care about your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones.
- Ideally, you’ll have had some experience with automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment.
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held.
For extra sparkle
- Proficiency in testing frameworks (i.e. Jest, Jasmine, Mocha, Cypress and Backstop)
- Full-stack knowledge, preferably with ASP.NET Web API, MVC or similar frameworks
- Automated testing using Selenium or similar
- Experience of agile development practices - at work or in your own projects (TDD, CI/CD)
- You have some knowledge of responsive design
- Familiarity with REST APIs
We don't expect you to tick every box; if you get warm fuzzy feelings about what we're trying to achieve at FundApps, then we want to hear from you!
NOTE: Covid-19 has taken us out of our offices so we'll be running our recruitment and onboarding process virtually.
Life at FundApps
💰 Matched pension contribution up to 10%
🕐 Flexible working - Choose a work from home/office arrangement that suits you
👶 26 weeks leave for all new parents regardless of gender, location or family structure
🎓 £1,000 learning budget each year and unlimited professional development leave
💚 Wellbeing benefits such as private health insurance, a flexible stipend, mental health coaching and a Headspace subscription
💰 Peer micro-bonuses through Bonusly
🚢 25 days holiday leave + an extra day next year if you use it all
❤️ Unlimited volunteering leave
🎁 Birthday off
😷 Unlimited sick and compassionate leave
🚴 Cycle to work & tech schemes
💡 Peer-led ‘Brown-bag lunch’ learning sessions
We are proud of the diversity of all FundAppers - it makes us strong. You will find flexibility around religious observances, our national flags all around the office, a monthly ‘Laydeez who lunch’ and a Pride celebration with some epic Cher and RuPaul playlists! If you’re looking for a workplace where you can just be yourself, you’re in the right place.