Welcome to the future of energy
We’re a leading energy technology company providing a better experience for our customers through transparency, honesty and simplicity. Better for the planet, through real long-term investment in renewable generation and a low CO2 future and better for our customer’s wallets with fair and affordable plans. Through our proprietary platform and custom-built stack, cloud-based billing, and sophisticated use of data science, we’re revolutionizing what’s possible in energy. We’re transforming the way people interact with their energy company, by making it approachable, easy-to-understand, and most importantly, 100% renewable. We’ve distinguished ourselves by being named 2020’s Energy Provider of the Year, which highlights our commitment to exceptional customer service.
We’ve just hopped across the pond in the US and are making big strides in Texas...but that’s only the beginning. Come join our rapidly growing team as we continue to break barriers in energy.
We are looking for an experienced Front-end developer. who will be responsible for leading the overall planning, organization, and execution of our consumer-facing web experiences. The position will work closely with product, design, marketing, and data engineering teams to support and expand the web experience for the customer. It’ll also involve communicating with Frontend teams in other countries to ensure a clean, consistent approach across the globe. This role offers an opportunity to build and lead a best-in-class team and division from the ground up.
What you'll do
- Build and lead a team of engineers
- Drive technical decisions to develop and manage the Front-end and customer experience roadmap
- Take advantage of our existing Front-end stack, whilst building scalable solutions following state-of-the-industry best practices
- Build relationships across the organization to coordinate engineering priorities
- Often, we can only give you the question and not the answer, because if we knew the answer, we wouldn’t be hiring - are you someone who not only finds answers but creates value by coming back and asking better questions?
What you'll have
- Expert React and/or NextJS development experience
- Experience in testing frameworks (we use Jest & Enzyme)
- Experience putting agile processes into practice
- Working knowledge of GraphQL & Apollo
- A deep understanding of best practices in terms of accessibility
- Time spent managing an Engineering Team or other engineers
- Next JS
- GraphQL & Apollo
- Styled components & SASS
- Jest & Enzyme
What you'll love about us
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options including FSAs
- Unlimited paid time off — we know working hard means also being able to recharge as needed, we trust our employees to get the work done and take the time they need..
- 401(k) plan with employer match:
- Parental leave. Biological, adoptive and foster parents are all eligible.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits .
- Flexible working environment: you need to shift around your schedule? You do you, we genuinely believe in work/life balance.
- Equity Options: every Octopus employee owns part of the business. We’re a team, working together towards huge goals. Every person is crucial to our success, you should be rewarded as such.
- Modern office or co-working spaces depending on location.
At Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.