Who is Wyze?
Wyze’s mission is to make great technology accessible to everyone because we believe that when great technology is accessible, curiosity thrives! Founded just over three years ago, Wyze started out as a smart camera company, has since branched out into the entire smart home ecosystem, and recently raised $15M in its latest funding round.
Our offices are based in Kirkland, WA, an outstanding city 6.4 miles east of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China!
A Look Inside the Role:
The contract senior software engineer - frontend, will play a key role as Wyze Commerce expands and pushes traditional “eCommerce” boundaries. This is an exciting role that will be tasked with building experiences that will be used by millions of visitors. It is critical that you have React
experience or similar as we transition our platforms. We work in a constantly evolving work environment where being focused, dynamic, and thinking outside of the box will be vital for the success of this role. Our team works closely together across multiple subject areas (business, design, and development) and we do not believe in micromanagement so being autonomous is key.
You Already Have These Qualifications and Love What You Do:
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Strong software engineering fundamentals
- Experience with Next.js, React, GraphQL, Relay Modern, Jest, or TypeScript
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Demonstrated experience and passion for delivering high-quality user experiences
- You have a quality approach, delivering high-quality products and supporting others to maintain a high standard
- You enjoy learning as well as teaching others. And are passionate about your work
And Even Better if the Following Applies to You:
- You have a background in building web products at scale and experience working in a high-growth tech company on a consumer-facing products
- Experience with front end animation
- Passion for UX and developer experience
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze, then we want to hear from you! Please send us your resume and/or detailed LinkedIn profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the outstanding things you can do and how you feel they could apply to our vision and projects here at Wyze!
We will ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Lastly, and exceptionally important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion here at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!