Are you passionate about building great products? Do you want to redefine the way travellers explore the world? Keen to be part of this growth journey with a bunch of amazing people? Then Pelago is the place for you!
We are looking for ambitious and motivated talents who are excited about staying on the cutting edge of Technology and always keen on innovating new ways to drive growth and taking our startup to new heights.
WHO ARE WE?
Pelago is a travel experiences platform created by Singapore Airlines Group. Think of us as a travel magazine that you can book - highly curated, visually inspiring, with the trust and quality of Singapore Airlines. We connect you with global, local cultures and ideas so you can expand your life.
We are a team of diverse, passionate, empowered, inclusive, authentic and open individuals who share the same values and strive towards a common goal!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- A unique opportunity to take end-to-end ownership of your workstream to deliver real value to users.
- Platforms to solve real user problems concerning travel planning & booking with innovative products/services.
- An amazing peer group to work with, and the ability to learn from the similarly great minds around you.
- An opportunity to be an integral part of shaping the company’s growth and culture with a diverse, fun, and dynamic environment with teammates from different parts of the world.
- Competitive compensation and benefits - including work flexibility, insurance, and more!
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Write code as part of a diverse and multi-skilled development team
- Design and architect innovative, modern architectures
- Champion and focus on software qualities such as testability, security, scalability, operability etc
- Work with state of the art technologies to solve genuine, real-world problems
- Champion good agile practices that provide a foundation for iterative product development
- Build strong relationships with product managers, designers and business team
- Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent, environment where everyone's ideas and opinions are equally valued
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for implementing highly scalable and maintainable backend services
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
WHAT EXPERTISE YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- Building production-grade, performant frontend apps with a modern JS frameworks like React or VueJS using the latest ECMAScript standards (ES6 / ES7)Working with CSS preprocessors like SASS, SCSS, or LESS
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD
- Working closely and proactively with the backend team, building scalable apis and designing data structures to ensure consistency and availability
- Building software in a security-conscious way, especially keeping in mind things like the OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities
- Strong people skills that contribute to an open and collaborative environment
- Experience in communicating ideas and decisions to a variety of team members
- Working closely and proactively with product managers and designers to deliver a high-quality user experiences
Please also let us know if you have experience with any of the following, although these are not required:
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience working in the travel industry or with B2C platforms
Below are the technologies we primarily use. However, we'll always choose the best tool for the job (maybe you can suggest one?), so don't consider this list either exhaustive or immutable:
Languages / Frameworks
Docker, Amazon Web Services, AWS Lambda