Exscientia is at the forefront of Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven drug discovery and the only company to successfully design drug molecules entirely by AI that are in clinical studies. As a full stack AI Pharmatech, we are capable of generating our own experimental data to complement the analytical power of AI and the creativity and expertise of our world-class scientists.
We aim to revolutionise the pharmaceutical industry by significantly shortening the preclinical drug discovery stage to accelerate new treatments to patients globally. Exscientia is collectively working to build a cutting-edge future and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Front-end engineer with a strong background in software development and experience or interest in building enterprise products. Bring your whole self to work and use your hard earned skills for the benefit of the whole of society and deliver AI as a force for good. As a front-end Engineer at Exscientia, you will be based at our Oxford office, working as part of an agile team on greenfield and established projects using modern tools and cloud-based technologies. You will collaborate closely with Lab scientists, Software Developers and Research Engineers to help us build upon Exscientia’s proven record of success.
As the Front-end Engineer you will have the opportunity to
- Help us build the next generation of scientific data analysis solutions.
- Plan, design and implement key user facing workflows.
- Promote UX best practises such as rapid prototyping and optimising user journeys.
What will you bring to the role?
- Highly motivated with a track record of success.
- 2+ years software engineering experience.
- Proven ability to design clean minimalist user interfaces
- Proven ability with front end frameworks - React & Vue.js.
- Familiar with writing many different kinds of tests and developing CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence requirements.
What would be great to have but not essential
- Experience or interest in Life Sciences / Drug Discovery.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with one of the major Cloud vendors AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Knowledge of REST conventions and API tooling such as Swagger, API Gateway, Django REST Framework, GraphQL
Reasons for joining us
- Making a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- Kick-start or further grow your career - at Exscientia, you will have the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technical and scientific leaders.
- Highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- State of the art laboratories and office space
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- Health and well-being are important to us, we provide private healthcare, life assurance, wellbeing and mindfulness support.
- Flexible working and remote working to allow you to manage your own time.
- A kitchen stocked with an endless supply of food for all employees
Exscientia embraces equal opportunity and is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive community where everybody feels welcome. We welcome applications from all people regardless of background. If you're a Front-end Developer looking for a new challenge within an exciting environment at the forefront of AI. then please apply today to learn more!