Paperspace is a cloud computing company creating simple and scalable accelerated computing applications. Our goal is to allow individuals and professional teams to build applications with ease - from Machine Learning to 3D graphics.
Paperspace is backed by leading investors including Y Combinator, Initialized Capital, Battery Ventures, and Intel Capital.
Paperspace values technical excellence in an open and inclusive environment. The team is primarily based in NYC, but we have a strong remote/hybrid team. Communication is paramount and mutual respect is at the core of our collaborative work environment. We are also committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe creating a more diverse team directly impacts our ability to collaborate effectively, build a better community, and produce better products.
About the role
The Frontend team is responsible for the user-facing aspects of Paperspace’s products. The team manages the web console, notebook IDE, CLI, and browser streaming applications. The team’s goal is to provide a delightful experience and further the mission of making infrastructure more accessible for all users.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll contribute your technical leadership and expertise to release and maintain high-quality products at Paperspace. In collaboration with fellow engineers, product managers, and designers you’ll be working on hard problems that will make a large impact on the business.
What we're looking for
• 6+ years relevant industry experience in a fast-paced, high growth tech environment building UI component libraries, design systems, and tools using TypeScript
• Fluency in HTML, CSS, and React
• Attention to detail around performance, accessibility, and cross-browser/device compatibility
• Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
• Knowledge of API standards including REST or GraphQL
• Experience shipping high-quality products from planning to launch to maintenance
• Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
What you'll be doing
• Building UI components, libraries, tools, and services that power the Paperspace platform
• Maintain and grow the existing design system
• Collaborate on design and UX to create new products and features
• Manage the frontend architecture ranging from release builds and page performance to component organization
• Facilitate a sustainable software delivery process using tests, code reviews, and best practices
• Build relationships with engineers and mentor on productivity and best practices from a technical perspective
What to expect
In your first month, you’ll be learning about our engineering workflows, technical architecture, and current product/business initiatives as you join the Engineering team. In parallel, you’ll be making small to moderate code changes, engaging in the code review process, and developing relationships with your immediate team and other teams.
In subsequent months, you will be an active contributor of large features to the code base, collaborating on architectural challenges, and helping maintain the general health of the codebase. You will also be facilitating the sustainable delivery of high-quality code with your team.
Who you’ll be working with
Philip Reichenberger - VP of Engineering
Philip is responsible for the health of the engineering organization at Paperspace. He works to ensure a healthy balance of velocity and quality while empowering teams to be full owners of the products they build. Prior to Paperspace, he led Web Operations at Shutterstock to a successful IPO, led engineering at Server Stack (now Digital Ocean), and founded a few startups in ad tech, e-commerce, hospitality, and wireless technologies. While not at work, he is on the water rower, playing guitar, or playing board games.
• Multiple health care insurance options with premium plans in addition to vision and dental insurance plans
• 401(k) Plan with employer matching
• Commuter benefits with a contribution from the company
• Responsible Time Off Policy
• Generous and flexible parental leave
• Fitness & wellness benefit
friendly and hybrid office environment for New York team members
We are an equal opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.