As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
Senior Frontend Engineer
Location: United Kingdom
About the role
Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing, then following well-known React
workflows (such as Redux, Sagas) and using modern CSS techniques and libraries, like styled-components.
You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust, responsive, and easy to maintain. Also, you will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
We have embarked on a number of contract-first greenfield development projects that will be delivered as a micro front-end and embedded in external web applications, with the opportunity to work with TypeScript, React-Redux-Saga, Styled-Components, Webpack, and Lerna.
· Develop new user-facing features using React and API driven back-ends.
· Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
· Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
· Converting legacy features.
· Optimise components for maximum performance and responsive across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
· Deliver consistently high-quality code
· Work with your manager to meet challenging goals
· Building clean, optimized, testable and easily maintainable code,
· Triaging issues, finding and resolving the root cause
· Support test and deployment of new products and features
· Meeting your daily and weekly goals
· Keep up to date with the latest software engineering trends
· Expert knowledge of CSS with a strong focus on accessibility and cross-browser compatibility – experience with styled-components is strongly preferred
· Thorough understanding of React or similar component-oriented library and its core principles
· Experience with Redux and its bindings with React
· Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of modern authorisation mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools including Webpack, NPM, Yarn, Babel and Jest
· Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
· A knack for benchmarking and optimization
· Familiarity with code versioning tools such as git
· Passionate about delivering high-quality software
· Excited about learning and improving
· Proven track record in delivering high-quality software
· Attentive to detail, flexible, and able to understand/work with legacy code
Working at 8x8
· Industry-leading, award-winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
· Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
· Encouragement and environment to make a difference
· Deep passion for doing the best for our customers, giving them the best service and the best technology