To Power Smart Mobility for Every Driver and Vehicle, Everywhere
For decades, parking was a hassle. Then in 2008, ParkMobile launched with a simple goal: make parking easier. Today, our team is committed to creating tech-based solutions that power smart mobility and make parking hassles of the past obsolete. We do this by creating innovative solutions that connect parking and mobility ecosystems, eliminating friction while maximizing convenience and efficiency. At ParkMobile we offer agile frameworks and incentives for innovators and problem solvers, all at the perfect spot for work and play at the heart of midtown Atlanta.
We’re experiencing exciting growth. We’re looking for more people to join our team and help shape a product used by more than 23 million people.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for an experienced front end engineer, who is passionate about delivering great user experiences and eager to help scale forward thinking engineering practices across our organization. As a Senior Front End Engineer, you will contribute to solving some of our most complex technical challenges in both business focused and consumer focused products. This role requires deep technical knowledge, hands-on software development, technical leadership, and seamless collaboration with other departments. Our teams are small and work in an evolving space, so our engineers must be comfortable in a fluid environment where responsibilities may change rapidly.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver high impact features in our web products
- Work with engineering teams to break high level projects into sensible MVP milestones
- Translate complex business and product requirements into efficient, reusable, and performant code
- Use semantic HTML and component-based design systems to create accessible user experiences
- Stay up to date with web engineering best practices and identify and advocate for areas of improvement through data insights and research
- Use modern tools to monitor, debug, and improve key application performance metrics over time
- Work with other front end engineers to foster a culture of priority setting, experimentation, and incremental delivery within our organization
- Mentor and learn from your peers while challenging yourself to grow. We value continuous learning!
Who You Are
- You have served a prominent role in the planning, design, implementation, and deployment of one or more long term web initiatives through collaboration in a team setting
- You have a strong understanding of engineering best practices, including Git-centric workflows, continuous integration, and incremental delivery
- You enjoy digging into new tools, frameworks, and platforms and can effectively balance these efforts with your existing project commitments
- You have strong async communication skills with a bias towards written communication and well-written documentation
- You are invested in delivering a high-quality experience to the end user while maintaining a healthy codebase
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different ideas and expertise, and you are comfortable working with teammates in distributed locations
- You are willing to get your hands dirty converting older AngularJS code to React, refactoring class-based components to hooks as needed, and supporting the maintenance and modernization of our React codebase
- You are able to take on large issues with vague requirements and design an implementation while systematically evaluating impacts to other teams and the broader business domain
- You consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability by separating concerns, utilizing abstractions, and providing highly insightful, comprehensive code reviews for others
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate. We’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. ParkMobile welcomes those who are passionate about learning and evolving, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
What you’ll enjoy about joining our Team
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. Our team members well-being is just as important to us as their work. We are humans first, employees second. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Unlimited PTO
- Top Notch medical, dental and vision coverage
- 401K Matching
- Casual Dress
- Kombucha, Cold brew and beer (brewed by one of our employees) on tap as well as free snacks
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Work Hours
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Company Social Events - happy hours, outings, and more
- Pet Insurance
- Company Community Service Events
At ParkMobile, we aim to build an inclusive culture where differences are used to inform better creative, strategic, and business decisions. We actively seek diversity of backgrounds, education, beliefs, and ways of thinking. We look to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. ParkMobile is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.