In Lana we want to provide accessible financial services through technology to traditionally underserved customers in LATAM, starting with gig-economy workers.
To do so, we have created a platform with an app that allows users to get access to tailored-made financial services in one single place and take control of their money to do great things with it.
Lana is currently operating in Mexico and Chile, but we have created a technological platform that would help us start operations in other countries in LATAM very soon.
We closed our funding round early this year that would allow us to improve our technology, expand our product offering, and continue growing and expanding into new markets
Would you like to join us in this challenge?
About the role...
Here are some of the things you'll do as a Frontend Developer at Lana:
- Develop mobile web applications with great performance, accessibility, and usability. Our stack VueJS and ReactJS.
- Collaborate with designers to implement interfaces that ensure the delivery of a consistent user experience.
- Collaborate with engineers to define technical and architectural decision-making.
- Working closely with UX & QA to provide the best quality possible to our users.
I can help if I...
- … have experience and deep knowledge in ES6 and experience at least in one of these frameworks
- … know how to optimize builds for mobile devices and ship them.
- … am accustomed to providing well-tested developments (unit test & end-to-end) for in-use and new components and I prioritize quality.
- … pay attention to detail and take care of the UI making it work as it was designed.
- … nice to have previous experience with CSS, SCSS, Styled components, or CSS-in-JS.
- … nice to have experience with Webpack or Rollup config, bundling strategies & tree-shaking
- Socially conscious and consider your job as a mean to have an impact
- Humble and eager to learn & share your knowledge.
- Interested in understanding the business
- Prefer leading by example than the imposition
- Proactive to take on responsibilities, make decisions and always have solid arguments
- Flexible defending my ideas and empathetic to understand other’s positions
- "Work yourself out of a job". Empowering each team to become self-managing and autonomous
- Know how to make tradeoffs. I translate ideas and needs into actionable plans at various levels (roadmaps, milestones, tasks, etc.).
- You are comfortable communicating in English (spoken and written).
- You are able to work from a European or American time zone.
This of course is not a comprehensive list that you have to match 100% but just a general guideline, if you don't fit all of it, apply anyway!
About the Process:
- First we meet in a 20 to 30 minutes call
- Second step is a code challenge that we have prepared for you.
- Then we do a Tech Talk based on your experience and challenge.
- Lastly, we do a personality oriented interview where we talk about your goals and dreams.
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want to change that. Here are some more reasons why to join us:
- Flexible working hours and working remotely are up to you!
- Along with your local paid vacation plus all the public holidays, you will have half a day on your birthday and child's birthday.
- Cobee discounts
- 500 USD / Year budget for training (books, e-learning platforms…)
- (If you join us in a city where we have an office) Nice office environment with free fruit and coffee.
- Any additional benefit approved by Lana’s board for your employee tier.
- Great team and culture, just bring yourself!!!
Lana is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age, or ability.