Collective is on a mission to redefine the way businesses-of-one work. Collective’s technology and team of trusted advisors enables our members to achieve financial independence by taking care of everything from business incorporation to accounting, bookkeeping, tax services and access to a thriving community, all in one integrated platform. We believe in empowering self-employed people to enjoy the same tax savings that big companies get.
Featured in Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo, Bloomberg, Financial Times, Techcrunch and more. We’re backed by General Catalyst, Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher and Guy Oseary), QED Investors, Google’s Gradient Ventures, Expa and prominent investors who have financed and built iconic companies like YouTube, Substack, Twitch, Box, Hims, Instacart, Lyft, and more.
About the Role:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Senior Frontend developer to join our San Francisco-based, venture-backed tech startup to support us in our tremendous growth. You will play an integral role in driving forward our product, engineering agenda, and tool chain. We want to create an environment where our engineers have autonomy, purpose, and practice their craft.
- Architect, design and develop critical features and components
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to create and build beautiful apps and experiences
- Identify and select the right tools and frameworks for the job
- Collaborate across the organization to build and evolve platform and application capabilities with the technical vision and product and business needs
- Implement automated testing suite for functional and performance testing
- Be an owner and a champion of user experience
What we want you to bring:
- At least 5+ years of experience developing front end web applications.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance optimization, accessibility, and usability.
- Extensive experience in responsive web design and development.
- Ability to design and implement highly scalable applications with a passion for the user experience.
- A self-driven and conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high- quality work.
- Experience working collaboratively with product managers and designers.
- Able to communicate technical subject matter to a non-technical audience in an understandable and impactful manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Comfortable with change and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Test-driven development / best practices engineering
- Resourceful, creative, and able to find innovative ways to achieve results
- Redux - MobX
- Dynamic Preprocessor Style Sheet Language (ie: less)
- Front-End Development Framework (ie: Semantic UI)
What we offer in return:
- A dynamic, diverse, flexible, fully remote and collaborative work environment
- Home office budget to set up the ideal development environment
- Competitive base pay, incentive compensation, early-stage stock options
- Healthcare Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Team retreats, workshops, gatherings when we get back to the office!
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Collective, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Collective is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.