Hero gives brands the competitive advantage of putting human interaction at the center of their eCommerce site, driving sales and increasing average order value. Find out more at usehero.com or on Instagram at @heroapp.
Enjoy the ride; celebrate the wins, look for the learnings.
Go above and beyond; exceed your own expectations.
Obsess over the experience; the details make the difference.
Be an energy giver; not an energy taker.
Hero is looking for a Frontend Engineer with strong experience in Typescript and React to join our team.
This is a chance to work within a cross-functional team, responsible for the continuous delivery of new features within a complex and innovative retail software product. You’ll have the chance to work closely with other engineers of all disciplines, QA, designers, data scientists, product managers and retail specialists, on a range of complex problems
In this role, you will:
You’ll work on a range of new and existing features and initiatives as part of a collaborative, focused, cross-functional Scrum team, with the ultimate goal of delivering the most value to our users.
- Contribute to discovery workstreams around new feature design and development.
- Help to drive forward our component design system.
- Work with micro frontends to implement new features on the frontend.
- Help plan new, and refine existing, interfaces and features with accessibility and performance at the forefront.
- Continually identify and harness new technologies and methodologies as we continue our progress towards best practice development.
You’ll need to have:
- Experience working in a commercial environment creating responsive and scalable user interfaces with React.js.
- A strong grasp of testing on the frontend, from unit testing to integration testing. Experience with react-testing-library and Cypress are a plus.
- Working knowledge of Typescript.
- Hands-on experience with state management tools (we use Redux). Experience with redux-saga is a strong plus.
- An eye for detail as well as an understanding of the broader impacts of your work across the rest of the engineering team and product as a whole.
- Work with a talented team of like-minds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary with annual compensation reviews
- Flexible work from home policy
- 25 days holiday with incremental days added each year
- Generous healthcare plan for you and your cohabitating partner
- Generous paid sick and compassionate leave
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years
- Pension plan
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- An employee assistance program available 24/7
- A shiny new computer and all the software you need
- Plenty of social events