Carmen is a talent tech company on a mission to help every career candidate navigate their individual and unique career journeys. We believe that human capital is the world’s most important asset. Skill mismatch and job displacement are not only major contributors to large and persistent earnings losses but also have a major impact on workforce productivity. The oncoming impact of AI and automation is expected to further compound this issue by creating new and old occupational categories.
We are a group of passionate innovators and entrepreneurs with a proven track record of creating value and care deeply about solving this enormous problem. We are building powerful technology that leverages machine learning and natural language processing to empower job candidates to achieve their highest potential for productivity and earnings. We are targeting significant growth and milestones in the next few years, and are looking to hire exceptional talent.
We’re seeking an exceptional entry-level software engineer to join us as we define, prototype, and build web services and products for our career candidates. Every engineer at Carmen has an outsized impact, and you'll lead the development of projects that define the future of the company.
What You’ll Do
- Build services from scratch, as well as develop existing applications
- You love working on a product that people actually benefit from and can use to improve their career potential and life skills
- Design and implement user-facing products and internal workflow tools along with the rest of the senior engineering team
- Apply a foundational and fast-growing understanding of web technologies to reason about engineering/design tradeoffs
- Become a domain expert in our industry
What We Look For
- Foundational understanding of front-end technologies, HTTP, web services, databases and how they all fit together
- Proficient in React and NodeJS
- Proven sense of ownership for everything you’ve done and shipped
- Ability to focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Recent graduate or are pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math or related technical field
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary based on experience and skills
- Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
- A flexible paid time off and vacation policy
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
- And much more to come!
Carmen does not sponsor work visas for this position. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Carmen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.