AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. AbleTo believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality care, and offers a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Clinical best practices are leveraged across all services to ensure individuals are getting the care they need. Our outcomes-focused care is proven to improve depression and anxiety by over 50% on average, as demonstrated in several peer-reviewed studies. For patients with high-cost medical conditions, our clinically-tailored treatment is proven to reduce medical costs with care that empowers the patient to address their health needs. AbleTo partners with payers to make high-quality care accessible, affordable and convenient for millions of people to get the treatment they need.
Our consumer product teams are creating a phenomenal user experience for participants of our suite of products: our self-paced app-delivered CBT program and our virtual therapy program that combines digital tools with human care. We are building an accessible, clean and performant mobile-first UI. We love to develop and ship software that provides deep and meaningful impact to people’s mental and behavioral health.
As an AbleTo software engineer, you are responsible for designing, building, and owning the interfaces and services that power our products. You stay curious and embrace a growth mindset. You readily share your skills and knowledge with a talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers. You sweat the small stuff and demonstrate commitment to solid engineering principles and quality. And you help foster an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency. If this describes you, join our team!
- Own major features from requirements definition to release.
- Actively lead the design and/or refactoring of our front end web application architecture, stressing usability, performance, security, and resilience.
- Identify accessibility and UX risks and drive their remediation.
- Raise the quality bar for each release through test-driven development, pairing, and collaborative code review
- Quickly evaluate new patterns / services using light coding spikes.
- Enhance coding standards, developer documentation, and knowledge transfer to new or less experienced developers.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- 4+ years hands-on experience with full-stack web development and secure, containerized applications
- 3+ years hands-on experience with relational databases and SQL
- 2+ years experience shipping consumer product applications
- Experience and appreciation for test-driven development and ‘shift left’ testing
- Strong experience developing high performance single page applications
- Strong experience modifying, building and consuming pragmatic, well-documented APIs
- Experience with healthcare interoperability standards (nice to have)
- Ability to turn sketches into functioning prototypes, and prototypes into lovable features
- Deep understanding of visual and UX design principles
- Skill and comfort with developing the ‘backend of the front end’
- Solid understanding of microservice architecture and reactive design patterns
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to communicate with clarity, and collaborate effectively across a growing, distributed team.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.