Senior React Native Engineer
We are looking for an experienced React Native Engineer on the iOS and Android platforms who will assist us with the design, development, and delivery of new features to our mobile app. Your duties will include development, writing code, and documenting functionality. You should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Sezzle is a cutting-edge fintech company whose long-standing mission is to financially empower the next generation. Only one in three millennials own a credit card, and the vast majority of millennials possess a subprime credit score or no score at all. To address these problems, Sezzle has built a payment platform that increases purchasing power for consumers by offering interest-free installment plans at online stores. This increase in purchasing power for consumers leads to increased sales and basket sizes for the numerous eCommerce merchants that currently work with Sezzle.
As the first and only B-Corp in the payments space, Sezzle’s goal is to help everyone pursue financial freedom, and to invest in social good and ethical initiatives that shape a better world.
At Sezzle, we’re committed to putting purpose alongside profitability. We work hard to maintain rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency to build a better world. The employees at Sezzle lean into significant societal and cultural shifts, ensuring internal and external focus on positive impacts that benefit our community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Organize software development lifecycle
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Organize, document and maintain software functionality
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes, and metrics
- Provide support and consulting on software systems usage
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
- 2+ years experience working in a Software Engineering role with React-Native, Java/Kotlin or Objective-C/Swift Demonstrated ability to deliver mobile apps on iOS and Android with a wide user base
- 1+ year of experience with CI/CD pipelines for app development with tools like Fastlane and Detox
- Experience delivering Native Modules with React-Native is desired
- Experience delivering Android or iOS SDK’s is desired Good experience in designing interactive applications with test-driven development
- Proven track record of releasing documentation for requirements and specifications
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology, and release processes
- College undergrad GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A+ Character. We are team-first here at Sezzle.
- A hard-working mentality. It's early and there is still a lot to build.
- An excellent communicator.
- A fun attitude. Life's too short. We can have fun while we work hard on cool things.
- Smarts. We need people who are smart enough to make decisions on their own and also smart enough to know when they need input from others.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous stock options
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and long term disability insurance
- Collaborative workspace
- Work From Home stipend for Internet/Phone
- Commuter benefits, full-stocked kitchen, weekly lunches and much more!
- Headquartered in the North Loop area of Minneapolis with easy access to public transportation and right on the MetroLine
- The opportunity to join Minneapolis’s fastest growing startup alongside a team of motivated and driven individuals
What Makes Working at Sezzle Awesome?
At Sezzle, we are more than just brilliant engineers, passionate data enthusiasts, out-of-the-box thinkers, and determined innovators; we are skilled musicians, yogis, cyclists, chefs, golfers, dog-lovers, and rock-climbers. We believe in surrounding ourselves with not only the best and the brightest individuals, but those that are unique and purpose-driven in all that they do. Sezzle recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting our mission. Our culture is not defined by a certain set of perks designed to give the illusion of the traditional startup culture, but rather, it is the visible example living in every employee that we hire.
Sezzle provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, familial status, veteran or military status, status regarding public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.