Senior React Native Engineer
- TaskRabbit is a remote-first company with employees distributed across the USA!
- DataBird journal’s “Best Places” Best Companies for Diversity, #1 2019 and 2020
- DataBird journal’s “ Best Places” Best Companies for Women, #4 2019 and #1 2020
About the Job
Our Client Team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who specializes in React Native applications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all code, but particularly React Native in Typescript.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be one of the leaders of our team helping to mentor more junior engineers, propose scalable solutions, and propel our native architecture . You should be comfortable building complex solutions to native challenges, and promoting change across organizational boundaries.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You’re excited about TaskRabbit if...
- You like to drive innovation and change
- You understand the cost of legacy code, but welcome the challenge to improve it
- You are looking for next steps in your career & a chance to have a major voice at the table of React Native decisions and patterns
- You are skilled at cross functional collaboration and communication
- You do not shy away from the hard work of shaping culture
- You love helping others succeed
- You find solving problems and refining ideas with others to be fun
We are excited about you if...
- You enjoy the process of taking existing ideas and making them much better
- You enjoy diverse teams
- You love React Native & Typescript
- You enjoy learning new systems and frameworks
- You are highly interested in developer quality of life and native systems and tooling that accomplish that
- You embrace a growth mindset
- You are thoughtful, kind, and curious, but do not shy away from expressing thoughts and ideas.
- Collaborate in our React Native codebase to produce clean, elegant, scalable React Native applications.
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates.
- Invest in the broader department’s React Native and Typescript experience depth
- Invest in our documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems.
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new React Native code.
- 5-10 years of experience, comfortable working independently on Mobile Applications
- Proficient with React Context, and State Management
- Experience building API-driven applications
- Experience with xCode & Android Studio environments
- Experience with feature flagged development
- Comfortable with mobile test frameworks
- A strong advocate of clean code
- Any Rails experience
- Any GraphQL or Federated API layer experience
- Personally have implemented more automated QA and/or CI/CD tooling
- Webapps in React.js
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017
At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether it’s a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, we’re imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier. As a company we celebrate innovation, inclusion and hard work.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to eight countries and 75+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, we’re creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, and fast-paced. We’re looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - and have a ton of fun while they’re at it.
You’ll love working here because:
- TaskRabbit is a remote first company. We recognize that talented people live all over the world.
- Collaboration hub offices in San Francisco, Austin and London
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- Senior Leadership Team 75% women
- Director Level 86% Diverse
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and are inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision 100% covered for employees, 401k plan with company matching, generous and flexible vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, weekly meditations, and a dog-friendly office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.