Barracuda FX is a leading provider of end-to-end, front-office foreign exchange platforms for medium and large sell-side banks. We provide compete systems covering trading, sales, compliance, reporting and all front office functions. We take a product-led and engineering-focused approach to delivering advanced technology to demanding customers. We leverage advanced, message-based architectures to create systems which process billions of dollars in transactions across five continents each day.
We also believe that creating the best technology is not enough. We have a deep commitment to providing the best service and support in the industry. We partner with our customers to solve the hardest problems they face and ensure they achieve their goals. We are hands-on and solutions-oriented, and we understand that we succeed only when our customers succeed.
You will own (typically multiple months-long) development projects end-to-end at the forefront of one of the most exciting areas in fintech, from conception through support and maintenance, including many fast-cycle version iterations. As part of our high-performing team of collaborative, talented engineers who thrive on building the most advanced technology, you will have significant freedom and self-direction to tackle a wealth of interesting, challenging problems as we push the technological envelope.
- Work with a combination of C# (Winforms) and modern web technologies to design and develop new user-facing features
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects on time
- Create and track project plans and convey status, issues and risks effectively
- Perform unit and system level testing on your application and all affected systems
- Work closely with customer-facing technical consultants to ensure that development efforts truly meet customer needs
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure effective coordination and integration between interrelated projects
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Exceptional programming skills and grasp of software engineering principles and UI design patterns (MVVM, MVP, and Flux).
- Demonstrated success managing development projects end-to-end with significant ownership over technical decision-making.
- Bachelor’s or advanced certificate in STEM field or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience with both desktop AND web technologies a big plus.
- Experience with using Git version control.
- Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Enterprise software experience or experience with financial software and/or financial trading is a plus.
- Experience with financial broker/exchange APIs (e.g. price feeds, order execution) a plus.