We are looking for a Front-end Architect who will be responsible for overseeing the architecture of the Rooster Teeth website as well as architectural guidelines for the Front-end Team. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and extensive experience with React
development and/or web development in general. The candidate would also have a proven track record of overseeing the architecture of web applications and assisting engineering teams from different backgrounds achieve business objectives. We are looking for someone who is passionate about architecting great software, enjoys working with a team of talented developers, and who is eager to take ownership of our various front-end technologies.
- In collaboration with the Director of Engineering and the Architects Guild, discuss, formulate, and document a vision for our front-end technologies, determine and define what technologies/platforms we use, define development standards, tools, processes, etc.
- Collaborate with Product, Front-end Engineers, and other Engineering teams to ensure that our projects are successful and consistent with the vision for our front-end technologies.
- Work with your fellow Front-end Engineers to define web development/coding standards as well as the Front-end Team Agreement -- and oversee development to ensure that everyone in the group is meeting expectations.
- Proactively identify technical debt and product areas that require attention or improvement at the architecture level.
- Lead the research on specific front-end engineering topics, experiment with various technologies/platforms, and provide recommendations based on your findings.
- Ensure technical knowledge sharing between development teams on related or similar projects.
- Constantly focus on the personal growth of yourself and the team, research new approaches, tools, and best practices in the front-end architecture/engineering space.
- Work with other client teams to develop and maintain existing platforms for VOD (video-on-demand) and Community.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- 8+ years of professional experience in building, testing, deploying and running web applications
- Previous experience overseeing the architecture of front-end applications and cross-team projects
- Ability to produce software architecture and designs that can be implemented by others
- Experience with data transmission using AJAX, JSON, XML
- Experience working with Service Oriented Architecture and RESTful web services
- Knowledge of Responsive Design fundamentals
- Understanding of client-side performance, how to evaluate and how to debug
- Build and bundling tools (Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, Rollup)
- Experience in a leadership or mentorship role
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Passionate about design systems with a focus on styled components and newer css features
- Continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- NodeJS, Express Framework
- Amazon Web Services architecture
- Modern CSS tooling (SCSS, CSS-in-JS etc)
- Experience using React Hooks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Object Oriented Design and data structure knowledge
- Multitasking skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintaining focus under a fast paced environment
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH
Rooster Teeth is a fan-driven, community-built entertainment company. From humble origins in a spare bedroom, Rooster Teeth created the web series Red vs. Blue, an innovative form of entertainment for a changing media landscape that sparked the growth of a passionate global fandom. From that foundation, Rooster Teeth pioneered a direct-to-consumer lifestyle brand for its growing online following with subscriptions, advertising, e-commerce, and live events. Rooster Teeth produces several original content series including RWBY, the most popular western-style anime series today, The Rooster Teeth Podcast, and daily video series featuring an in-house cast of influential talent. With broadcast and live-action production capabilities and a world class animation studio, Rooster Teeth engages industry-leading networks, streaming entertainment services and creative talent to develop projects that reach global audiences through its Studios division. Rooster Teeth cultivates the gaming lifestyle it helped define with partnerships through its industry-leading video-first podcast network, The Roost. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 45 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 5 million unique weekly viewers across its RoosterTeeth.com hub and more than 4 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is a subsidiary of Otter Media, a WarnerMedia company. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.
We encourage individuals of all genders and historically underrepresented communities to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Rooster Teeth Productions, LLC. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.