Apply for this job
Scio's mission is to make workplace knowledge accessible. We believe creating and sharing knowledge is the way to accelerate our world. We're passionate about helping answer workplace questions faster with less frustration and wasted time. See here for video explaining our product in action.
We're backed by some of the Valley's leading venture capitalists and have assembled a world-class team with senior leadership experience at Google, Facebook, Dropbox, Evernote, Rubrik, Uber, Intercom, Pinterest, Palantir, among others.
Scio is looking for creative engineers to launch beautiful, smooth user facing features from within a modern React and TypeScript codebase. In a rapidly growing startup, this entails developing ideas with product designers to best balance constraints with requirements, delivering best-in-class user interfaces that run in modern mobile and desktop browsers, as well as creating frontend infrastructure to support rapid experimentation and development.
What you will do and achieve
- Build delightful user interfaces with React.js in collaboration with stellar product designers and backend engineers
- Oversee the entirety of your features from inception to launch and beyond
- Write robust code that’s easy to read, maintain and test
- Push the boundaries of platform constraints to integrate an instant Scio experience into every workflow
- Mentor more junior engineers or learn from battle tested ones
Who you are
- BA/BS in computer science, or related degree
- 2+ years experience with a highly polished consumer grade React.js app, or 4+ with any web app
Key knowledge and skills
- Thrive in a customer-focused, tight-nit and cross-functional environment
- A proactive and positive attitude to lead, learn, troubleshoot and take ownership of both small tasks and large features
- Passionate about using open web technologies (HTML5/CSS/JS) to build pixel perfect, zero-latency, 60FPS user interfaces that run on all devices
- Experienced in or desire to master one or more of: Progressive Web Apps (PWA), Web Extensions, Electron, Capacitor, React, Redux, Webpack