Apply for this job
Do you want to be a part of an organization that:
- gives back to the community
- has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
- allows you to speak up and be heard
- AND ... likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
Founded in 1989, Pelmorex has become an international weather information and data management company. We own and operate the popular weather brands: The Weather Network, MeteoMedia, Eltiempo.es, Clima and Otempo.pt. We also operate the National Alert Aggregation and Dissemination (NAAD) System, which is the technical backbone of Alert Ready, Canada's Emergency Alerting System.
As a React Web Developer, you are an important member of a creative, exciting, and fast-paced agile team that works closely with other software developers, developers in test, designers, and product managers to drive growth and engagement on two of Canada’s most popular, high scale web sites: TheWeatherNetwork.com and MeteoMedia.com. You’re someone who has strong experience in React development and is familiar with back-end engineering. We value developers who can own projects and develop complete, end-to-end solutions.
You will join our existing agile scrum team to deliver amazing results on a regular basis - from refinement to the deployment of each story. You will be hands-on in solutioning, implementing, and testing new features on the platforms, and you will be part of seeing these changes right through to production.
If you love coming up with creative solutions to technical problems and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in something new, we’re looking for you! We love innovating with modern technologies, such as Kubernetes, Node.js, microservices, and containers. We are a fast-based shop that loves to write clean code with clean architecture in place, and aren’t afraid to refactor!
Don’t be shy -- share your GitHub repository with us! We’d love to see some of your previous work!
What we’ll expect from YOU…
- Creatively solution and implement new features with your team pairing or mobbing for our web applications using React and other frontend and backend technologies.
- Always be an active participant who will voice and pursue your ideas and initiatives
- Equally comfortable refactoring legacy code and writing new code from scratch
- Continually optimizing code for maximum performance
- Testing of the features that you implement
- Designing robust, modular and highly reusable code
- You will also contribute to back end systems as required
- Maintenance and refactoring of existing features
- Work with product owners, QA/Developers in Test to develop new features. Take accountability with the whole agile team for completing the stories in each sprint, and ensuring full end-to-end coverage
- Look beyond the day-to-day to find new ways we could implement things better -- whether it be faster, more reliable, or with higher quality
- Participate in a fast-paced environment where your input is valued and sought after -- contribute by recommending best practices and continuously driving forward web app innovation
Roles, responsibilities and duties may evolve and change over time.
This is what YOU have:
- Proficient development skills building web-based UI with React
- You are familiar with Unit, Integration and Acceptance Testing
- You have experience troubleshooting complex technical solutions
- You write clean, efficient and robust code that can handle heavy traffic
- You have experience with mobile web either in adaptive or responsive methods
But what really makes you stand out is…
- Love building amazing web experiences
- You relish the opportunity to learn new skills and try new technologies
- Have a passion for high-performance web sites and web applications
- Want to grow your skill set and experience in different technologies
- Are a collaborative individual who excels in a team environment
- Are proactive and show initiative
- Value quality in everything you do
- Aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and try something new
Our Promise to you…
We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere