Novi is a well funded seed stage startup on a mission to help the 69% of millennials who have less than $5,000 in savings manage their money, debt and investments by putting their finances on autopilot. Our initial offering is a Smart Checking account which automatically helps you save and earn more money by routing your cash intelligently across loans, investments and retirement.
We answer what you should do with your money, why you should do it, and most importantly, we do the work for you.
We’re seeking a passionate engineer to lead the efforts across the Novi tech stack. Our MVP is built on Node.js, React & React Native and hosted on Heroku. You’ll be responsible for major architectural work as we rev and scale the banking platform and app behind a whole new kind of bank.
We value curiosity, drive, teamwork, technical expertise, and fundamentally believe in empowered leadership; meaning you’ll have full ownership and accountability over technical decisions at Novi.
The ideal candidate loves BIG challenges and is excited to grow alongside us as we deliver a delightful customer experience and revolutionize one of the least loved industries in the US.
- Philip Cortes, Novi's CEO, co-founded the CMS division at Bloomberg, which generated $105m in revenue in its first year, and most recently managed the web and mobile product teams at Wealthfront.
- Shannon Mosier, Novi's COO, was the Director of Product at LendingHome, where she built their automated consumer mortgage loan origination platform from scratch.
- Luis Bitencourt-Emilio, Novi's CTO, comes with years of leadership experience solving complex technology problems as Principal Director of ML and Data @ Reddit, VP of Engineering @ Workpop and Principal Engineering Manager @ Microsoft.
- Karen Fukumura is our Chief Banking Officer leading the acquisition of our bank charter. Karen joins us with +25 years of senior banking experience at Bank of America and East West Bank, where she led retail banking, tech, ops, and numerous +$5bn bank mergers.
- George Bennum, our founding engineer was most recently a senior engineer at Bjond, a HIPAA-compliant healthcare startup in Boston. He is working across our stack getting our services and banking app ready for launch.
Banking is a $6 trillion dollar industry; we’re assembling a unique team to reimagine it from the ground up. If this challenge excites you and you want in at the ground floor, let’s talk!