Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We’re transforming an entire industry through the power of transparency. As the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights, our vision is for a world where transparency holds companies accountable to strive to become better employers.
Please note this role is open to remote hiring. Our main office locations are in San Francisco, CA, Chicago, IL and Uniontown, OH.
We’re looking for a hardworking, skilled and driven Sr. Software Front End Engineer to help us take our product to the next level. At Glassdoor, you'll have the freedom to use your intuition, creativity and expertise to help one of the top job sites in the world to continue its rapid expansion.
About the Team
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer for Glassdoor's New Salary Products team, you will be working on new products and features that help millions of job seekers discover Glassdoor on their path towards finding a company and job that they love. The New Salary Product team has a variety of responsibilities, including working closely with our Product team to develop new features and experiences for our users, that further our goals of radical transparency.
- You have a passion for crafting high-quality UI experiences while working closely with skilled product owners and other engineers
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and enjoy giving thoughtful feedback on things like pull requests and product specifications
- You enjoy working closely with stakeholders in different fields (engineering, product, and machine learning) during the software development process
- You recognize the value of shipping, and are able to make good trade-offs in order to get something in the hands of customers
- You take great care when designing and architecting front end components
- You understand the value of testing, and make good decisions about what to test when building software
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching developers, and the thought of pairing on a tricky technical problem excites you
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years building high-quality, secure presentation layers for high-traffic websites.
- Experience with React, NodeJS, CSS3, Sass, and Emotion
- Experience with Express and server-side-rendering (SSR) in NodeJS
- Experience working with REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience building products and services in an agile environment
- Experience writing tests for your code at all layers
- Solid understanding of foundational software design patterns
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a technical field (Engineering, Math, etc), or equivalent work experience
- Full-stack experience with server-side technologies like Java or Kotlin, Spring, SQL, Redis, and AWS technologies.
- Work with purpose – join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage, with 80% dependent coverage
- Equity Incentives in our parent company’s stock (Recruit Holdings, RCRUY)
- 401(k) Plan with a Company Match to prepare for your future
- Generous paid holidays and open paid time off
- A values-based culture: Our values are Transparency, Innovation, Good People and Grit. We look for hardworking, talented, and passionate people who embody these values in how they show up to work every day.
- Pay transparency: We believe that with more salary transparency, you hold the information to ensure fair pay now and in the future as your career changes and grows. Pay bands and our compensation philosophy are shared publicly to ensure that everyone is paid fairly. Our annual Pay Gap Study found no gender or race/ethnicity pay gap at Glassdoor.
- Diversity & Inclusion transparency: We are committed to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our commitment. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
- Employee feedback transparency: We believe in providing you with greater insight into what it is really like working at Glassdoor. In addition to our Glassdoor Reviews, we publicly publish our employee feedback survey responses to ensure everyone has a complete picture of what it’s like to work here.
- Company performance transparency: We believe you should know how your work contributes to moving the company forward. That’s why we share detailed business performance updates in our monthly All Hands and deeper financial results every quarter. For more insight into the performance of our parent company, you can explore the financial results of Recruit Holdings, and its HR Technology segment in particular, each quarter. Operating transparently at Glassdoor is fundamental as we advocate for transparency in the broader workforce. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to crafting a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.