CoinDesk is the most influential, trusted platform for a growing global community engaged in the transformation of the financial system and the emerging crypto economy. Founded in May 2013, the CoinDesk platform provides millions of consumers interested in cryptocurrency assets and blockchain technology with news and insights, podcasts, live streaming TV shows, research reports, live events, and a toolkit of indexes, data, and analytics. CoinDesk is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Digital Currency Group, one of the largest private investors in the industry and a provider of trading and other investment services for that industry. CoinDesk operates entirely independently of the parent company. DCG has no involvement in editorial or content decisions.
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer.
Thinkers and tinkerers at heart, we experiment and innovate, leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough user experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to investing and financial news. CoinDesk is seeking a self-driven Front-End Engineer who is committed to innovation and high-quality work - to join a talented software engineering team to deliver a game-changing user experience across the CoinDesk site and its multiple product offerings. We care about the details because every pixel, every line of code, and every user interaction with our products determines whether we are delivering on our commitment to producing the very best products possible. This engineer must have the technical chops to ensure that we build compelling, user-oriented solutions in an iterative methodology. Success in the role requires an innovative mind, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating market-leading experiences for millions of users in financial news media and fin-tech space.
- Build React.js web applications
- Build reusable, user-facing front-end components that are shared across other applications for rapid development and scaling to support all CoinDesk product experiences
- Write high-quality code with best practices and design patterns in mind and engage in peer code review and suggest optimization
- Collaborate with designers to implement and extend our Design System across all product and marketing components and their integration across CoinDesk.com
- Use your experience to help guide technology decisions and participate in technical architecture discussions
- Work with your partners from different teams and disciplines to create a scalable product
- Consult with your product partners to form sprint goals and break work into atomic units
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop practical solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high-performing web applications
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and of high quality
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts to prove and test ideas with end-users
- Have 4+ years of experience in web application development or software engineering using modern frameworks
- Have extensive experience with React.js and its related technologies, including Node.js
- You are motivated to learn new technologies and enjoy pushing the limits of front-end development
- A keen eye for detail and a love of delivering beautiful user experiences that prioritizes performance
- Experience with DevOps technologies like Docker, Jenkins, and AWS Products
- Familiarly with module bundling technologies like Webpack
- Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers, and stakeholders
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; a master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline is highly desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and bonus offerings
- Robust Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Blockchain & Crypto Training Sessions
- Access to Retirement Savings plans
- Conference sponsorships
- Training & Development investment
- We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and our new hires!