The fastest-growing High School and College sport in America isn’t basketball or football—it’s esports—and PlayVS is the official platform for High School and Collegiate esports. We offer an incredible, full-stack esport platform—game integrations, team building tools, leagues, tournaments, and schedules—and our software products tie everything together into a cohesive experience.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join our team. You’ll develop product features following well-known React.js
patterns. You will ensure that the codebase is scalable and easy to maintain. You will work collaboratively with the rest of the organization while building the best product experience.
Here's what you'll get to do:
* Develop new user-facing features using React.js
* Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
* Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
* Optimize components across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
* Write, audit, and improve our test coverage
Here's what we're looking for:
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Thorough understanding of React.js
and its core principles
* Strong proficiency in CSS, experience with Sass/styled-components a plus
* Familiarity with GraphQL and Apollo
* Experience with TypeScript
* Experience building and delivering successful products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into product features with minimal guidance
* Passionate about PlayVS and the problem we are solving
* Committed desire to understand our customers
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Possess a growth mindset: Live and breathe experimentation, data analysis, and ruthlessly prioritize for impact
PlayVS is an equal opportunity employer and is proud to be a majority minority company. We provide equal employment opportunities and are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment for our customers, employees, and applicants. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please contact us at email@example.com