Lead Front End Engineer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Medely connects medical facilities with top-quality, pre-screened independent healthcare professionals. We believe that empowering healthcare professionals will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly higher quality to patient care. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the way healthcare staffing is done. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today’s toughest challenges in healthcare.
- Founded in 2016 and having recently secured their Series B, Medely is facing explosive growth in a $3.65 trillion U.S. healthcare market ripe for tech disruption (Forbes, 2019).
- Medely’s staffing platform provides high quality, on-demand professionals to more than four thousand healthcare facilities in over 50 U.S. markets. Their network boasts over forty thousand selectively vetted and credentialed healthcare professionals including nurses, medical assistants, technicians, and specialists.
- Medely has consistently exceeded growth goals and is excited to continue the momentum in 2021!
At Medely, every team operates our business through amazing web experiences built specifically to deliver value to customers, whether on the supply or demand side of our market. Working with backend and mobile engineers, the Senior Frontend Engineer will create and maintain impactful tools critical to keeping Medely’s technical platforms exciting and new, delivering value to both healthcare facilities and professionals.
As a key member of the engineering team and reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Senior Frontend Engineer will write client-side code for web applications to improve Medely’s core experience. We’re looking for engineers who are passionate about developing impactful, high performance web applications using up-to-date technologies and patterns.
- Design and implement highly visible user-facing features and applications.
- Deploy testable frontend code with performance, maintainability, and scale in mind.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and implement features.
- Participate in code reviews, listening to feedback while sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional frontend development experience; 3+ years of experience in React, including experience with state management, animations, and Webpack
- Awareness of performance considerations such as cross-browser compatibility, componentization, and load-time optimizations
- Experience architecting single page applications
- Experience designing mobile-first web applications
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and be willing to roll up your sleeves and execute!
- Experience with React Native
- Working with complex frontend projects with highly interactive features
- Experience developing with and integrating APIs
WHY MEDELY: BENEFITS & PERKS
- Competitive Compensation: Based on experience and performance
- Long Term Incentives: 401k
- Healthcare Benefits: Full suite of benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexibility: We believe that work/life balance is important, so we offer three weeks of vacation and ten paid holidays
- Energetic team environment
- Purpose: Join a growing mission-oriented startup that is modernizing the healthcare industry on a national scale!
- Ownership: Drive meaningful business impact on a team that you’ll help build and define!
- Remote: Work in a digital environment with all the tools to achieve your work as though you were in the office!
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities.
Medely does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. We consider any resume (CV) or biography received from an agency or outside recruiter without prior approval from a member of the Medely Human Resources or Recruiting team to be unsolicited and gratuitous, and such submissions will not be recognized by Medely for purposes of “ownership” of the candidate.