Apply for this job
Tilda Research, based in San Francisco, is an innovator in clinical research execution. We focus on data integration, site-wide automation, and real-time operational metrics to enable faster bench-to-market solutions for our research partners. We operate a growing network of clinical research sites in the US, and our team has worked on over 250 pan-indication Phase I thru IV studies.
We are hiring a Lead Front End Engineer to build flexible, metadata-driven user interfaces across the Tilda platform. User Interface and User Experience are the key drivers helping us to achieve our vision. We care deeply about creating something that feels right in every detail, and we’re looking for engineers with either a proven design aesthetic or a passion for front-end components to help us go faster.
- Work with React.js / React Native to support the product.
- Work with Product and Design to explore new feature ideas and flows
- Write a client-side service communicating with backend microservices.
- Use developer tools to understand server and client-side performance.
- Collaborate with Backend teams to design an API for a new platform function.
- Act as a mentor to more junior engineers
- 3+ years of React.js/ React Native experience and a proven understanding of frontend engineering experience
- Familiarity with Typescript, and writing tests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are motivated to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, code reviews, application of new technologies, and best practices.
- Solid understanding of computer science and software engineering fundamentals
We are a remote-first company and are looking for team members who are comfortable with remote work. We are open to any region/time zone as long as you are self-motivated and can demonstrate a strong work ethic.
Why work at Tilda?
- Be part of a moment to redefine medical innovation: Site-level research is one of the major bottlenecks in the development of new medical innovations. Through our work, we have the ability to institute a meaningful impact on millions of lives. You can help us realize that goal.
- Work with some of the best engineers and investors in the world: We are a team of repeat founders, who have built companies in cloud infrastructure, mobile security, and life sciences. Our small team of founding engineers is passion-driven and has a long history of achievement. Our investors include leading VCs and some of the largest healthcare organizations in the United States.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between product, marketing, internal tools, process — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
- Join us at a magical time: We've hit revenue growth and product-market fit, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'd join at the perfect time to shape what we build and how we grow.