Apply for this job
Graylog is a leading enterprise log management system that enables fast and efficient log analysis in the areas of security, compliance, operations and DevOps. Our enterprise product enables large organizations to capture, store and analyze terabytes of machine data in near-real time, while our open project empowers individuals and small teams to perform basic log consolidation, analysis, and search functions at no cost.
We are a fast growing company with locations in Germany and headquarters in Houston, TX, serving customers all over the world.
At Graylog, you will find a diverse group of experienced professionals who love to have fun while meeting the needs of customers with the best solution and customer service available!
- Our Integrations Team's goal is to enable Graylog users to collect logs from anywhere, enrich those logs with data from any relevant source, and send their logs onward to any system that needs to consume them. One day we may be writing a custom codec for handling data from a popular firewall vendor. The next day we may be figuring out how to integrate with a malware tracker so our users can filter their logs for known malware signatures.
- Build plugins that allow Graylog to seamlessly communicate with third party systems
- Create tools that enable our users to better gather, enrich, and share their critical data
- Work with our support team to resolve UI issues for customers
- Collaborate with other development teams, technical writers, and our security and content team
- Balsamiq for mock-ups
- Java, Elasticsearch and MongoDB on Linux
- Maven, IntelliJ, Git, GitHub, Jenkins
- Work remotely from within the USA or at our headquarters in Houston
- Paid participation in a successful free and open project
- A management team with significant technical knowledge and product experience
- Opportunity to be part of a diverse and international team
- Opportunities to share your creativity, expand your skill set and grow in your responsibilities
- Company provided macOS or Linux workstation
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with a distributed version control system (git, Mercurial or comparable)
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux development environment
- Understanding and application of security aspects, code readability, and team coordination is a plus
- Experience working effectively with remote teams is a plus. Working remote requires a proactive approach, active inquiry, and effective communication via remote communication tools (text and video chat)
- Willingness to travel overseas to team meetings 3-4 times a year (once travel restrictions are lifted)
Apply now and you will hear back from us soon.