Senior Full Stack Developer
Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
At Q4, we hustle, we grind and we grow. As the team members that make up #Q4orce, we care, we compete and we support each other every day. We’re on a mission to deliver a best-in-class client experience driven by technology, data, and of course, our people.
As the leading provider of website, analytics and virtual events solutions to investor relations and the capital markets, Q4 is a trusted partner to over 2,400 of the world’s most successful public companies and institutions – and we are growing at an incredible pace. We’re on our way to becoming the largest capital markets platform company in the world. That’s where you come in.
We hire smart, curious, and talented people to push boundaries, reimagine what’s possible and turn challenges into opportunities, all while keeping the needs of our clients at the heart of everything we do.
This is your opportunity to be a part of something special. Join us!
Q4 is a team of creators, builders, and disrupters who specialize in solutions for investor relations. We develop products that are constantly evolving, solving problems, and pushing the boundaries of what technology can do for capital markets. Our products are built from scratch and leverage the strengths of every developer and team member at Q4.
As a senior full stack developer, you'll work on both the front-end and back-end of our digital solutions. Working within the software development team, you will assist in the development and architecture of a variety of products. This role is ideal for well-rounded, ambitious developers who are always looking for new challenges and improve on existing work.
Who you are.
You are an exceptionally talented software developer with the ability and desire to work on challenging projects that require you to constantly master new skills and technologies.
You also have:
- 5+ years work experience
- Production experience with modern client-side web frameworks such as React, AngularJS with Typescript
- Working knowledge of Redux, or other state management frameworks
- Advanced knowledge of NodeJS, Express
- Knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MSSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB, etc.)
- Ability to create responsive UI components for high-performance and scalability
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as SASS/LESS
- Experience with backend data / API integration using JSON and RESTful web services
- A high bar for code quality and craftsmanship
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks such as Karma, Mocha.js, Jasmine
- Experience developing with GIT or other version control systems
- Working knowledge of Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process methodologies
- Broad understanding of the design and architecture of modern web applications
Nice to have:
- AWS Microservice environment / development
- Experience working with ElasticSearch or other search technologies
- You are curious by nature and not afraid to ask “why”.
- You don’t stop digging till you find out why your code worked (or didn’t work)You have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies through training, self-advancement, and collaboration with peers
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication and self-motivation skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to investigate software related issues and general problem solver
- Highly logical, self-motivated
- Proven analytical problem solving abilities
- Ability to effectively organize and perform tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Emphasize on quality, process, and iterative improvements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent mix of education and experience
We are motivated by solving complex problems in unorthodox ways. Emphasis on your well-being means you experience your true potential. We offer a variety of benefits to ensure you can always work hard and have fun:
- Health, wellness and lifestyle benefits to balance your heart, mind, and body.
- Pension matching and Employee Equity Incentives to support your financial health.
- Unlimited paid time off so you can be really recharge and enjoy life. Enough said.
- Flexible working environment. Choose your home, one of our trendy offices or mix it up.
- Virtual team building and socials. Keeping people connected is important.
- And an amazing culture to top it all off!
A career at Q4 means joining a team that thrives in a fast paced, high growth environment; one that is focused on providing growth opportunities, encouraging diversity & inclusion and working to inspire an entrepreneurial spirit. We’re thrilled to be able say that the Q4 team and culture have even won some awards along the way including being recognized as one of Canada's Best Workplaces for Women and Technology.
Q4 values diversity and people of all backgrounds and abilities. Should you require any accommodations prior to or during the interview process, please contact email@example.com.