Tala was named one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. We are a financial technology company on a mission to make financial services simple, inclusive, and accessible for the doers and dreamers globally. We are building the digital bank for the next billion!
So far, more than 6 million people in emerging markets have borrowed through our Android app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, education, and other personalized financial services. Headquartered in Santa Monica, we support the needs of our customers in Kenya, Mexico, Philippines, and India.
Tala is a world leader in providing direct loans and financial services in emerging markets. We are a global team with diverse backgrounds who are singularly focused on using technology, data, and a customer-centric approach to meet the financial needs of the 2+ billion people of the emerging global middle class. As one of our Frontend Engineers, you’ll build the next iteration of the primary internal tool our CX team utilizes to serve our customers in our emerging markets. You will work closely with engineering, product, and design to spec, build, test, and deliver new features using the React Ecosystem. You won’t be a stranger to our CX team and will actively incorporate their feedback into the product. You are passionate about continuous improvement and experimentation, and can often think of better and cleaner ways to rewrite parts of our codebase.
You will report to the Engineering Manager and collaborate cross-functionally with all Tala teams across the globe.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the design and own the implementation of features as defined in the Product roadmap
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product, Data, Credit, and Business Development to understand the company’s needs
- Interface with service owners across the organization during a feature integration where you’ll need to land on a solution together that addresses the product requirements without compromising the quality of our codebase
- Invent coding patterns and standards that our team can adopt to scale our internal tools
- Review design documents and perform code reviews
- You are comfortable working in ES6 and with the React Lifecycle
- You have designed and styled intuitive interfaces using CSS with SASS and/or LESS; familiarity with BEM, Atomic CSS, and Styled Components
- You have strong communication skills with the ability to work well cross-functionally
- You are passionate about modern web technologies and know when to use what tool
- You are a team player: it’s not my code or your code, it’s ours
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Our vision is to build a new financial ecosystem where everyone can participate on equal footing and access the tools they need to be financially healthy. We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse global team that represents a multitude of backgrounds, cultures, and experience. We hire talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.