Founded by fintech executives from Capital One, Goldman Sachs and Salary Finance and backed by Foundation Capital and Costanoa, Upward is building a better way for people to manage their finances. It enables them to manage their bills and expenses automatically, helping customers avoid fees and access better credit options. We will partner with lenders who will benefit greatly from better repayment rates, and who will encourage their customers to pay their bills through Upward.
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking a Front End Engineer to build and lead our web development efforts. The ideal candidate is a full stack engineer with over 5 years experience in or around the fintech banking industry. In this role you will be responsible for our web and mobile SDKs as well as the web development of our customer and partner interfaces.
- Build UI components, libraries, tools, and services that power the platform that impacts every Upward user, whether they’re an end user, developer, or partner
- Ensure our UI components and libraries are reliable, scalable, secure, and extensible
- Build interactive single-page applications, built on modern front-end frameworks like React
- Work closely with cross-functional product and design teams
- Seek to improve engineering standards, processes, and culture
What we are looking for
- A combined passion for great user experience and API design
- Strong UX experience, including building components from scratch
- Banking, payments or financial services development experience is an added plus
Technologies we use:
Golang, Docker, Amazon Web Services, Typescript / React, Terraform
Working at Upward Finance
- Upward is an early-stage company, so everyone is an individual contributor
- We are light on meetings and leave your calendar open to build this digital payments platform
- We’re excited about the varied backgrounds and expertise team members bring and create space for ideas from everyone
- Our backgrounds are in lending, but we are excited to build payments that can serve all billers
Upward is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.