TRUESY is a highly curated NFT marketplace featuring iconic work from personalities and brands at the intersection of fashion, art, music, sports, and technology. TRUESY makes transacting and participating in the Digital Renaissance a truly enjoyable experience for creators, brands, and collectors.
We are looking to hire a Senior Frontend Engineer to own the frontend of our NFT marketplace.
What we're looking for
- Experience with the React ecosystem is beneficial but not a requirement
- Experience in a small fast-moving startup, where making the right tradeoffs for agility is paramount in the context of changing requirements
- Adept at prioritising and scheduling dependencies
- Knowledge of programming best practices and when best to employ them
- Strong opinions about how to architect and use design systems
- Some knowledge of how to work with digital assets
- Some experience with animation
- Interest in blockchain, but experience otherwise not required
Our Tech Stack
- Frontend in NextJS / React
- Design system in Material UI / Storybook
- Data fetching with Apollo / Graphql
- Backend in Elixir / Phoenix
- Day 1 (30 minutes) - Phone Screen - This conversation will be mostly casual. There aren't any expectations for you to walk us through your implementation of a DAG here (unless you really want to)!
- Async - Take home or Code Sample - We want to respect your time as much as possible so we want to give you the option to give us some code if you have some that you can share. Since this isn't possible for everyone, we'll alternatively give you a take home exercise to do over 2 hours.
- Day 2 (2 hours broken down over 3 interviews)
- Chat with our designer - We will discuss how you approach solving for user needs, how you collaborate with design from user experience, to low-fidelity, early stage conceptual wireframes and iterating towards implementation of production-ready, hi-fidelity mockups, and front-end QA, your experience with creative software tools (Adobe CC, Figma, 3D design software, etc.)
- Chat with our product owner - We will discuss our long-term vision and short-term Roadmap and how the team operates. We will also solicit your feedback for product ideas and how you would approach prioritization of our roadmap and/or new ideas.
- Chat with our engineer - We will walk through the code you've submitted, discussing why you've made the choices you did and how you would add features in the future. We won't ask you to live code in front of us (unless you really want to!).
- Decision - We'll give you a response as soon as possible.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses Truesy.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
- Flexible work environment
- Full benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k after 6 months
- Unlimited paid time off
- Competitive compensation
Remote Okay - Within 5 hours of NYC