Senior Software Engineer
MakeSpace is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to help us scale our products and lead our Growth team. We just raised $55 million in Series E funding to help make space more accessible to everyone with our full-service customer experience and full-featured technology products. Join us as we help people live more spacious lives in 31 cities across North America (and counting).
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to join one of our technology teams. You’ll be working a team of engineers and will help us scale our product capabilities and business in cities across North America. You will work directly with our Backend Manager and leaders on the Product team to build structures and processes.
You can expect to:
- Write, test, document and deploy Python and React code that ensures the integrity of our operations and unique user experience.
- Create, review and optimize relational database operations in our applications.
- Design, create and deliver new system solutions by collaborating with other teams
- Write code that will perform efficiently and accurately in an asynchronous architecture.
- Design and update RESTful APIs and their documentations.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Operations Team.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Our stack includes: a Python, Django, React, Redux, MySQL, RabbitMQ, Redis application running on Amazon AWS maintained with Docker and Ansible.
- You’ve guided at least three unique products through various phases of growth and inflection at different companies.
- You are a senior full-stack engineer and strive to have a large impact on your team and the company through your product contributions.
- You’re motivated by a desire for involvement in product definition.
- You continually learn and strive towards being the best software engineer you can be. This includes having an impact and learning : reading and writing blogs, participating in meetups, speaking, open-source contributions sharing via brownbags etc.
- Deep competence in Python and ReactJS; Or at least in either if you can demonstrate quickly learning a new programming stack.
- Experience in one other programming paradigm - the JVM or a distributed systems language.
- Competence in asynchronous communications patterns such as via RabbitMQ or other methods, caching via Redis, and AWS deployments and services.
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone.
- An interest in finding tangible solutions to Logistics and Transportation problems that help drive positive customer experiences.
- Remote is great with us!
- A competitive base salary
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch on Wednesdays, unlimited snacks, beer on tap, etc.
- Team happy hours, events, and social clubs
- Free MakeSpace storage so you can take back your closet
MakeSpace culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s tons of room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us know—and join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.