Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
The primary focus for the Lead React Frontend Engineer will be to maintain and build our front end app suite. The Lead React Frontend Engineer will work in a highly collaborative team within the Product & Engineering vertical building software of the highest quality, and develop deep understanding of our technical products.
What will you do as a Lead React Frontend Engineer?
- Work closely with Product to spec out the technical aspects of a feature from inception through delivery
- Strategize with key stakeholders on developing key business metrics, planning, and prioritization
- Own front end feature development, ensuring tracking/analytics are instrumented and your work meets the agreed upon acceptance criteria
- Continuously improve existing codebases, identifying key opportunities for refactoring and performance improvement
- Write acceptance, integration and unit tests
- Create lasting architecture for current and future applications
- Help create engineering leaders by mentoring other engineers of all levels
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to influence architecture for current and future APIs
What do you have a Lead React Frontend Engineer?
- Experience with high traffic public facing websites
- Extensive experience with TypeScript
- Exceptional knowledge of ReactJS
- Strong knowledge of Redux/React Context API/Hooks
- Exceptional knowledge of front end technologies including HTML/CSS
- Significant experience working with API service-based architectures and RESTful APIs
- Experience writing tests at various layers and various JS testing strategies
- Experience developing responsive web applications
- Experience with building, deploying and operating technical components of sizable complexity.
- Track record of leading and creating environments where engineers produce their best work
Nice to haves:
- Experience architecting micro-frontends
- Experience with GraphQL
- ReactJS testing (Jest/react-testing-library)
- Experience working remotely
- Experience investigating data bugs throughout the stack
What's in it for you as the Lead React Frontend Engineer?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.