About the Job
Our Client Team is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who specializes in React Native applications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for all code, but particularly React Native in Typescript.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll be one of the leaders of our team helping to mentor more junior engineers, propose scalable solutions, and propel our native architecture . You should be comfortable building complex solutions to native challenges, and promoting change across organizational boundaries.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
You’re excited about TaskRabbit if...
- You like to drive innovation and change
- You understand the cost of legacy code, but welcome the challenge to improve it
- You are looking for next steps in your career & a chance to have a major voice at the table of React Native decisions and patterns
- You are skilled at cross functional collaboration and communication
- You do not shy away from the hard work of shaping culture
- You love helping others succeed
- You find solving problems and refining ideas with others to be fun
We are excited about you if...
- You enjoy the process of taking existing ideas and making them much better
- You enjoy diverse teams
- You love React Native & Typescript
- You enjoy learning new systems and frameworks
- You are highly interested in developer quality of life and native systems and tooling that accomplish that
- You embrace a growth mindset
- You are thoughtful, kind, and curious, but do not shy away from expressing thoughts and ideas.
- Collaborate in our React Native codebase to produce clean, elegant, scalable React Native applications.
- Innovate & contribute to our technical roadmap of ongoing improvements, enhancements and updates.
- Invest in the broader department’s React Native and Typescript experience depth
- Invest in our documentation of best practices and coding patterns
- Help solve complex debugging, testability, and deployability problems.
- Collaborate across teams to promote consistency
- Improve stability and consistency of existing and new React Native code.
- 5-10 years of experience, comfortable working independently on Mobile Applications
- Proficient with React Context, and State Management
- Experience building API-driven applications
- Experience with xCode & Android Studio environments
- Experience with feature flagged development
- Comfortable with mobile test frameworks
- A strong advocate of clean code
- Any Rails experience
- Any GraphQL or Federated API layer experience
- Personally have implemented more automated QA and/or CI/CD tooling
- Webapps in React.js
You’ll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present and partner with our team and communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity and go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse and sustainable community and encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship and inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team and leadership, and we strive to recruit and retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning and development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, and a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a marketplace platform that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-do’s, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, and much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the world’s largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates now in seven countries and is expanding its global reach rapidly. As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, and soon-to-be launched in Italy, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable and compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally and make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social and environmental challenges. TaskRabbit’s headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with two other offices in Austin, and London, though we are moving to a hub environment where employees will have the option of working from home or in offices.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.