Bloom is a full-service workplace design consultancy representing SoleSavy on their search for their next Lead Mobile Engineer to join their team. As Talent Advisors, we will be the liaison between SoleSavy and yourself during this recruitment process. We do not use fancy tech to search through resumes at Bloom; every resume is reviewed by a human to ensure that we attain a consistent and equitable interview process. You will directly join the team at SoleSavy if you are selected as the successful candidate. We look forward to seeing your application!
SoleSavy is headquartered in Vancouver, and we’re looking to build our team within North America. You’ll work 100% remotely from the place that makes you the happiest and the most productive.
Hi! I’m Rish Bhatia, Director of Engineering, looking forward to building bigger and better things together!
SoleSavy is a VC-backed tech company that is disrupting the sneaker space, curating a community for sneakerheads and collectors. SoleSavy’s mission is to connect and empower those who love sneakers, and to move sneaker culture forward in meaningful ways. We want to make collecting sneakers accessible, and bring like-minded communities together. We’re building the next generation of paid communities, sneaker content, and marketplace. We have the resources and appetite to disrupt a multi-billion sneaker industry, and are looking for versatile go-getters to help us build new digital experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in a fast-growing startup. We are hiring a Mobile Engineer to lead development and implement new product features for our customer facing mobile app. You are passionate about using your expertise and creativity to help us build a plethora of smart and uniquely curated digital experiences for sneakerheads. In this role, you’ll be in charge of developing features from end-to-end. You’ll collaborate directly with the founders and be part of a team of 25.
- You’ll lead development and implement new product features for our customer facing mobile app.
- You’ll architect and build features that are smooth, delightful, and flexible enough to adapt if required.
- You’ll craft the tools, processes, and frameworks that will empower our team to move quickly as we scale.
- You’ll contribute to the product process: thinking through UX, designing beautiful UI, and connecting with customers to solve their problems.
- You’ll transform UX designs into delightful experiences.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- You have strong professional experience building mobile applications.
- You are fluent in React Native (fluency in Node.js, AWS, Git, and GraphQL are a plus).
- You have a deep understanding of mobile development, including different device capabilities, battery life, and performance.
- You are confident with asynchronous programming.
- You have the ability to work across the full range of product development: ideation to launch to scale.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a passion for building an inclusive culture.
- You have Founder/Founding Team experience.
- You have experience implementing silky smooth animations.
- You have experience with Android and Swift.
The Interview Process
Deadline to Apply: Monday, June 14th by 5 PM (EST)
Step 1: Remote interview with a member of the Bloom team over Zoom to talk about values and SoleSavy culture. Step 2: Remote interview (30 mins) with Rish Bhatia, Director of Engineering, to talk about the role and behavioural alignment.
Step 3: Remote technical interview (2 hours) with a panel including Rish and members of the Engineering team.
Step 4: Final remote interview with Adarsh Pallian (COO)
Step 5: Conduct References
Step 6: Offer
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Compensation Band: $130 - 150K CAD
SoleSavy is currently building out their team in both Canada and the United States. The current role description that you are reading is for candidates like you who are based in Canada! You may see the same role posted for job seekers based in the US. While some details, such as salary and benefits, may differ. The role itself is the exact same opportunity. The difference in salary is a reflection of the job market and the respective locations. We look forward to receiving your application!
- Competitive salary and benefits (including group benefits and paid parental leave).
- Team events and retreats.
- Learning & development budget.
- WFH hardware/software setup you need.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Diverse team and a commitment to inclusion.
Like Bloom, SoleSavy is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We don’t care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what names you might have on your resume. Instead, we’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up.
Solesavy is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org.