Front powers the heart of business: the meaningful connections between teams and customers that lead to lasting relationships. Bringing email and apps together in a collaborative customer communication platform, Front drives business impact by scaling the natural conversations that create customers for life. More than 6,000 businesses are using Front today to cultivate personalized customer relationships at scale and transform their work into impact.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies in 2021
and Forbes Cloud 100 2020
, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups
, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups
, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces
, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work
Front is a complex app with high performance requirements: some of our teams involve hundreds of users working together in real-time on thousands of messages every day. To meet those requirements, we use modern tools like React, Redux, Styled Components, and TypeScript. We’re looking for an experienced frontend engineer based in Europe who’s comfortable working with those tools to deliver key product improvements and new features.
We are able to hire remotely in France, the UK, Ireland, and Poland.
What will you be doing?
- Own central, complex components of the Front application
- Drive and deliver on our product roadmap (frontapp.com/roadmap), turning rough specs into features
- Ramp on new web technologies that will make Front better
- Find elegant solutions to usability problems
- Provide leadership and mentorship to other engineers on the team
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Full professional English proficiency
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.