Apply for this job
Are you excited to build innovative, modernized solutions for restaurant website hosting, online ordering, and automated marketing? Do you want to build a product that your friends and family can use on a daily basis? Do you thrive in a team leadership role, from product discovery and scoping all the way through implementation? Do you want to leverage your experience to shape a team of world-class mobile engineers? If you answered yes to all of these questions, Popmenu is the place for you!
About This Opportunity:
Popmenu is looking for a Lead Mobile Software Engineer to captain and grow a team of developers while building innovative online experiences for restaurant owners and their customers. Our ideal candidate would utilize their React Native skills to expand our awesome product and help scale our technology into the big leagues as we enter the next phase of our rapidly growing company.
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Building Cool Stuff: Our Lead Mobile Software Engineer will collaborate with Product Managers, UX Designers, and other engineers to define products and develop new features for both our client-facing mobile apps.
- Writing Thoughtful Code: Writing clean, maintainable, and well-tested code should be second nature to our team, ensuring platform stability now and more easily expanding the product in the future.
- Sharing Expertise: Our Mobile Software Engineer should feel comfortable discussing technical decisions with fellow team members, performing code reviews, and setting an example of professionalism and coding practices for their peers.
- Looking for Improvements: Our team is always on the lookout for improvements, such as possible performance gains or better coding style, and are comfortable suggesting them.
Bottom Line – You will set an example for how products are designed and software is written at Popmenu. You will ensure your teammates meet your expectations of quality. You will collaborate cross-functionally, always trusting your teammates to have the best intentions, and you will buy-in to playing as a team to win.
What You Bring to the Table:
- You 5+ have experience in a professional software development environment, with a degree in Computer Science or years of equivalent experience
- You have led engineering teams while collaborating with a product organization to define features, scope work, set priorities, and facilitate technical discussion.
- You have demonstrated proficiency with React Native, bonus if you have native iOS and/or Android development experience.
- You have familiarity with an end-to-end testing framework (such as Detox).
- You are comfortable debugging APIs, working with SQL, and have basic Ruby on Rails knowledge.
- You have mentored mid-level and senior engineers
Who We Are:
Popmenu is a fast-growing, venture-backed SaaS business in the restaurant/hospitality sector working with more than 5,000 restaurants every month. We are dedicated to revolutionizing the industry in a way that benefits both the restaurant owner and the consumer. We started with our now-patented, dynamic menu technology that unleashes the power of a restaurant’s greatest marketing tool: the menu. Since then, we have been endlessly innovating to continue tackling existing and emerging industry needs.
We hire exceptionally bright, motivated people who are passionate about helping great restaurants reach their full potential. We offer a flexible work environment, a pioneering concept, a product our clients love, and talented teammates. This is a chance to make great things happen and be a difference maker. We’re excited to meet you!
What We’re Serving :
- We have a great culture and environment that emphasizes collaboration, energy and openness above corporate formality. You can be yourself.
- We know that great ideas are rooted in diverse culture and experience. We are always striving to create an environment where everyone feels a sense of belonging.
- Flexibility and freedom are high—are you doing your part and getting your work done? That’s all that matters.
- We’re growing fast but there’s still plenty of runway for you to have major impact. We’ve built infrastructure to insure you’re not starting from scratch or getting lost along the way.
- Innovation is in our DNA—to find great ideas you have to break things. We encourage you to fail fast, fail smartly and fail forward.
- Your visibility will be high, with daily opportunity to share wins and learnings with the entire company.
- Work alongside a talented team with experience developing, marketing and selling products for millions of users and thousands of clients—there is always something new to learn from one another.
- We offer a competitive salary and equity opportunity for full time employees.